3. your fears

Your fears.

I fell in love with your fear of the thunder.
And spiders.

At first it didn't seem logical to me, how someone so strong could be afraid of a tiny little creature.

And I remember laughing at you hysterically when you screamed my name from the bathroom, making me run worried that you were hurt and then finally seeing you curled up in a towel, pointing to the tiny creature on the wall.

"Mitch it is literally half the size your pinkie."

"I didn't call you to make realizations Scotty."

"Now be the manly man that you are and get rid of it."

And I remember laughing. And laughing. And laughing so much until my stomach hurt and I was doubled over the bathtub.

So I killed it for you and watched as you exhaled in relief and then proceeded to push me out so you can shower.

I fell in love with the way your eyes closed and the way you buried your face into my chest while a storm raged outside.

The way you let a little scream escape your mouth when the power went off but quickly muffled it with your hand.

"Are you afraid?"

"No."

"Okay".

I didn't want to acknowledge the fact that I knew you were afraid. I knew the way your toes curled every time you heard a lightning strike and the way you flinched when you saw the purple light from our window.

So I just sat there with you and waited until you fell asleep in my arms.

The third thing I fell in love with were your fears.