Part 13

BETHAN'S P.O.V. (cont.)

Well, it was probably going to be either Thor or I who ordered the death gown to the prison cell, and I'm pretty sure by now that it wouldn't be Thor. Despite his defenses, he'd probably have paid his brother a visit to pay condolences. Thor would probably have delivered it himself.

Which leaves me. I must've done it, and for a reason. I had no idea why I was even here, or how any of this happened, but I was married to Thor and I was Queen of Asgard; so I must've been here before.

Maybe they'd still be in the cells if I was quick.

I ran down the empty halls. It was still early here, I guessed, as everyone was still in their chambers. I passed some maids; and according to the snippet I heard, I had about 2 hours till the wake up call. I just prayed they'd still be there. Very highly unlikely, but still.

When I reached the cells, a guard immediately approached.

"Your Highness, I beg your pardon, but what brings you down to the cells at this hour?" He boomed, bowing simultaneously.

"Do you know if the Dark Queen's body is still here? I wanted to pay my respects. Long ago, we were friends." I mumbled, trying to act as confident but upset as a Queen would in this situation.

"Alas, My Queen, her body was taken by Loki to be buried wherever they end up after the bifrost. I am sorry for your loss, but would you like me to escort you to your chambers? Tis still rather early." He questioned.

"No, no. Thank you, for offering, though." I pretended to tear up and turned away.

This had better fucking work or I'd be walking to that damn bifrost.

"Wait! I can escort you to Heimdall, my Queen? Maybe he can help with your situation?" The guard almost pleaded. I turned back to face him.

"Would you do that? For me?" I flitted my eyelashes ever so slightly.

"Of course. Come with me, I'll find a horse. We may not be able to get you a carriage, as they are all being cleaned; ready to escort guests home." He said, beginning to walk. I nodded.

I followed him out the back of the cell block, leaving another guard to fill his place. We stepped out into the fresh air.

It really did look beautiful this time, outside. The nebulae and stars and galaxies all spun at a slow pace, but noticeable.

"This way." He pointed and carried on walking.

We arrived at the stable block, just underneath the grand palace structure. The guard approached a stable and withdrew the already-saddled horse from it.

"Many are already saddled, for the visitors." He said, watching me raise my eyebrow at the horse.

"Thank you, I will put a word in with the king for your help." I lied, smiling.

Horses were easy enough to ride. I mounted.

I could see the pathway through Asgard to the bifrost from here. It was relatively simple

Now all I had to do was get there.

MADDS' P.O.V.

I had to unmask us. Bethan had to find me. She was smart. She'd be at the bifrost. Heimdall had to send her here, though; which I highly doubt he would. He just seemed to be glad to be rid of us, finally.

I had one idea that would determine if this world was a dream or the real deal.

If this was a dream, I'd be in a lucid state, allowed to control it.

So, I imagined a phone. I imagined it hard, harder than I've ever thought about anything.

And there it was.

I felt it brushing against my leg, in a pocket in my dress that evidently wasn't there before.

A grin lit up my face. It was a dream, and I'd figured it out.

"FURY, YOU CAN LET US GO NOW! FURY?!" I screamed into the snow in hysteria. Loki grabbed my arms and looked at me as if I was mad.

"What do you think YOU'RE DOING?!" His voice became very raised at the end, and I shrugged my arms away.

"THIS IS A DREAM, LOKI! WE'RE NOT HERE, IT'S ALL A DREAM!"

He eyed me.

"No. I'm stood here, and you're 3 feet away from me. We are both in Jotunheim, and it is snowing." He looked at me as if I was a child.

"Don't you dare patronize me." I choked.

"Well, darling. Don't be so human." The last letter rolled off his tongue.

"I'm going to find Bethan." I glared at him, and twirled round in the snow, trampling to show my furiousity. I wasn't a child. How dare he treat me as one?

"Be careful. Your dark energy might muster again."

Loki caught me up.

"What?" I asked, grabbing his wrist.

"How do you think you were crowned the Dark Queen? Every time your dark energy levels get too high now, you slip into unconsciousness, but before you could shake cities with your powers. You were classed as a threat, along with me." He looked down, as if he was upset I couldn't remember anything of the sort.

"I'm finding Bethan. We'll fix this, for us, for them. Trust me." I grinned.

Moments later, a beam of light blinded me, and I was surrounded in a cold blanket of snow, before blacking out entirely.