A New Maid And A Beautiful Bachelor Dont Mix! :[2]: Smacked by destiny...literally

Vote? Fan? Comment? :)

---------------------------------------

"Really Janet...you didn't have to do this." I whisper in a hushed voice, childishly glaring at my friend who only scoffs at my remark.

"Oh really Evett, you didn't expect me to leave a dear friend of mine in the cold now do you? Besides father bought it for you so you can rent it." She waves her hand around, as though what she did wasn't much of a big deal to her. I did appreciate the fact her father had done this for me as well, knowing it probably didn't even dent his account but it was still somewhat awkward.

"Yeah but you didn't have to make it sound like I'd get eaten by a pack of wolves just spending the night in a motel." I mutter, rolling my eyes at her acting skills. When she had rushed into father's studies earler this morning, she told her dad that I needed a home like I was some lost pup in the rain. Over dramatic much?

"You'll thank me later. Now let's go inside shall we?" She remarks with a charming smile, as though daring me to object. I can only nod my head as we proceed into a large building with vines running up the old fashion brick walls. This building was built long ago, yet seemed fairly new. The old cracking bricks had been replaced by new ones and were once over flowing weeds and withering glass had lived now replaced with new trees along with lush gardens.

I had to admit, I was thankful of Janet and her rich father.

Even till today day I still don't understand how a girl grown in a poor environment ended up with a rich girl for a best friend. Yet unlike others I didn't take advantage of this. Heck, I really didn't care that she was rich, I was just glad I had a nice caring friend that Janet happen to be.

Moving my lips into a careless smile I withdrew from my inner thoughts, seeing that Janet had open up the French doors to a richly furnished lobby with colors of soothing green to all out gold.

"You must be Miss Castillo I presume?" A man in a well clean suit asks with friendly brown eyes, his slightly grayish-black hair gelled back.

"Yes that would be her mister Lakewood, can you please direct us to her apartment number?" Janet replies swiftly is a business stance, acting like she was my lawyer or something.

Though Janet had rudely bugged in, it was her father who did pay for the apartment for me, so I had no room to argue.

Thankfully the man didn't mind her behavior and nods as he grabs some random keys on a hook.

"Her room number is 106. It's just been remodeled with more modern updates. Also all your furniture has already arrived." He informs us as he gently places the keys in the palms of my hands.

Mouthing a 'thank you' I walk away with Janet near an elevator. Anxiety welled up within as I griped her arm tightly, a bit harsh then I had meant to. In response she turned to me with a puzzled glance before realizing why I had freaked out so suddenly.

"I forgot again didn't I?" I nod as she gave a sheepish grin.

"Ok then let's take the stairs." Inwardly I thank Janet for remembering why I hated elevators..or any small spaces for that matter! I was claustrophobic. Meaning I had an undying fear of small places. I could barely walk into my own closet because of this!

Why I have a phobia? Well it just lies in the past when I was just six, just around the time father died.

We were playing a game of hide in seek near our home. My father was hiding when I found him, and it was my turn to find a spot till he found me. Being the child that I was, I thought I'd try to fit my small body somewhere small, a place that would be difficult to find.