A New Maid And A Beautiful Bachelor Dont Mix!:[20]: Conflicts of the heart

---------------------------------------

The sound like a ticking clock,

The rhythm of a beating drum,

Is the noise my heart makes,

Whenever conflict arises.

----------------------------------------

Sometimes silence can be embracing, a soundless sigh along the ripples of time that travels throughout our world. Yet, Silence can be deafening too. With no sound, the world groans as it turns at its side, wondering where those that inhabit its lands have gone to.

At this moment, that's what silence was to us. A deafening symbol that froze the space around our forms as my eyes glisten in the moonlight. I can feel the tears threaten to spill as I watch a mark starts to form upon Devin's cheek. It was an ugly scarlet, a perfect example of my colliding emotions.

Of course though, that couldn't help my anger issues at the movement. Now I was trying to be strong, but with him so near, it just made my heart hurt. I was losing my precious control again.

"Why?"I ask, my eyes locked onto Devin's form. It was hard to keep the tone of my voice soft, seeing that I desperately wanted to scream at the top of my lungs right now.

"What?" He questions, grey blue eyes reflecting confusion as I suppress back a growl.

"Why are you here?" I hiss, feeling the air turn cold as my words drip with venom. My body coils slightly, feeling myself wanting to strike him again. "You left me, wondering what I did wrong...and now you show up? Why?"

"It wasn't like that." His voice was hollow, his eyes showing his grief. He sounded truthful, yet I didn't know what to think.

"Really? It wasn't like that? Are you stupid or just mental?" I laugh, the sound of it bitter as he quickly looks down, ashamed. It was the first time I had heard my voice so full of acid that in nearly choked me. Why did it hurt me to see him like this?

"I meant it wasn't supposed to be like this." He tries again, a hint of pleading coming through as I shook my head.

"Spare me the details." I mock, seeing that Amber was on the move and heading towards the silent Dagan.

"Let's go somewhere else."Amber suggested over to Dagan, gripping his arm as she tried to drag him away from the spot. Too bad that the man was too stone frozen to move, seeing that his aura eyes were staring at Devin with disbelief.

"I hope you do Amber, because if you're not gone in the next five seconds, I might be tempted to smash your face into your skull." I smile cruelly, watching the blonde diva's features twist into a moment of shock before glowering at me.

"Is that a threat?"She mummers lowly, her eyes narrowing at my comment. I mentally snicker at her words. I can't believe she didn't take my words seriously.

"No, it's a fact." I state, turning away with satisfaction when I see that her expression was rather petrified by this.

Looking back, I realize that Devin was moving towards me.

"Don't come near me.." I mummer, not liking how close he approaching me.

"I'm trying to tell you that-" He begins, grabbing my arm as He tries to pull me into an embrace. Whenever we used to have a fight, he'd always try to hold me to clam me. That was going to work this time.

"I said stay away!" I hiss again, quickly back away. I need to be away from here; otherwise, I might do something I'll regret later.

Turning away, I find myself striding away from the group. From behind I could hear Devin calling my name, yet I didn't even bother as I just kept on walking.