Contest: June 2016

Happy Pride Month everybody!

Admittedly we are catching all the excitement midmonth but what's a little late month celebration right?

This week we celebrate our right to be alive and free! In commemoration of Pride Month we join forces with the Wattpad LGBTQ community to remember those countries who are yet to be free with our contest prompt for the week 'being gay in an illegal world.' So if you are American, Canadian etc take a step back and welcome to the other side of the world where we are still a far cry from gay marriage because being gay is still a crime punishable by jail time. Appalled yet? I hope so!

We wouldn't be a Wattpad community without our writers so we hope you jump on the campaign trail and send in your entries.

All contest entries have to be one shots and highlight the struggle of being gay in a country where being gay is still a crime.

Entries must be between 800 to 2500 words.

Deadline will be July 9th and winners will be announced in the next issue.

Prizes include:

-Having a book of your choice featured in our book club.
-A special sticker to add to your book and special shout outs from this campaign for work well done.

Have fun and tell a friend to tell a friend.

Tagging: FreeTheLGBT lgbtq TransAllyCommunity