Netflix & Chill

F O U R

"Braelee stop crying!" Ashley demands me. She pulls me into a hug but then lightly smacks me across the face. "Stop doing this! Not over him! Do you want me to go over th-"

"No!" I cut her off. "It's totally fine. It really is! See." I say wiping my tears and faking a smile. Smiling in this time makes me even more sad and I cry even more.

"Braelee maybe there's a reason, like a really good reason he's keeping space." Ashley says in an attempt to defend him. She was both of our friends so she was on both our sides and I admired her for that. Rather than choosing sides, she would be there for both of us.
And that was way she was sitting in my bedroom hugging me while I cried, but vouching for him at the same time.

"A reason he won't tell me about and throw our whole relationship away for? Yeah good enough." I say sarcastically. I turn around casting my gaze to the window where it's been for the past hour. Reminiscing over all the times he'd climb through my window, or say he'd love me, or kiss me.

His house and driveway looked the same every time. My heart broke every time I looked at his neatly cut grass and beautiful two-story house, knowing he was only a short-ways away.

"Okay." Ashley sighs. "I'll be right back." I nod. Casting her a glance and turn back around.

This time I notice something a little bit different. A light blue Toyota pulls into the driveway it's lights flashing and then silencing as the car is put in park. I watch closey as someone exits the car. A blonde headed girl with a bikini body who looks the same age as me. She has long waist length hair like me and is wearing an attractive expensive looking crop top along with booty shorts that bring out her curves. She has sunglasses combed over her hair as if it was a headband, and piercing hazel eyes. I watch as she grabs a small handbag and sashays her long legs up to Kody's doorstep.

Oh so he's moved on already? I fight the tears that are coming... I'm overthinking this. I don't know why she's there and it's not my business. I turn away deciding to close my curtains once and for all. My phone chimes with a new text.

Camisole: Hey it's me, missed you today at our 6 pm usual. :(

You: sorry, I don't think I'm going to be running for a while. I'm going through some things.

Camisole: wanna talk about it?

You: not really, but if you must know, I'm going through a breakup. :( :(

Camisole: no no it's fine, you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to. But I do have one question... You're single now? ;)

I don't even bother to respond. I'm not ready to start thinking about or talking to anyone else in that way just yet. We only broke up yesterday, not even 24 hours as it was only last night.

I toss my phone aside as Ashley enters again.

"Ice cream," she says holding up two boxes of ice cream, one chococalte and one vanilla because she knows I hate chocolate ice cream. I only like vanilla and strawberry. "Your choice of movie," she continues gesturing to a bunch of DVDs and the tv screen where Netflix is pulled up, of all different genres, "and my car keys, we need to go shopping later for back to school clothes." She says walking towards me and handing me the DVD's and remote.

"Awe Ash." I say pecking her on the cheek. "This is why I love you." I say as I pick up the movies and remote.

***

We ended up watching an entire season of a TV show on Netflix. "Agh, I was so shipping her and the president!" I say fangirling. See, Ashley is the only person I can watch a movie with, she 's the only one who can put up with my constant fangirling, screaming, and "oh my god she/he didn't" moments.