See you then

F I V E

"Alright my babies! First day of school say cheese for mama!" My mom says as Augie and I awkwardly pose by my front door so she can post on Facebook.

My mom has been an awful lot of happy and excited lately. I don't know what happened during one of those times she's been holed up in her room, but her personality has turned drastically. Maybe mine was replaced with hers.

I still haven't given her any details on the situation with Kody and I. All she knows are the basics, which is that we broke up. And of course she's there for me, wanted me to talk about it, but I told her I needed space and so she gave it to me.

"Alright you guys! Oh I can't believe my babies are growing up! Augie look at you in second grade, and Braelee ready to graduate and soon head off to college." My mom sat back teary eyed.

"Okay mom." I said kissing her forehead and grabbing my purse that takes place as a backpack.. Ashley says backpacks are overrated and so therefore she pitched in half way to buy me this designer flashy white purse. although I'd much rather use a less expensive backpack, there's no way im not going to wear it, it's cute and flouncy and I wouldn't dare put the money spent on this too waste.

"This is not a dramatic movie okay, we'll be back soon and you'll see us In approximately six hours." I tell her. "Besides we don't want Augie to be late, it's his first day of second grade." I say pinching his cheeks. He laughs hugging me and giving me a kiss.

"I love you Braelee! You know how awesome it is having an older sister, I get to brag about you!" He says. I arch an eyebrow at him. He explained to me the arguments he'd have in class with his friends. It went a little something like this.

Kid 1: my sister is 10 years old in fifth grade! She will beat you up!

Kid 2: oh yeah well mines is 11!

Kid 3: mines is 13!

Augie: well mine is 18 and she's in high school with the big kids! So hah!

Or ...

Kid 1: My sister is so pretty!

Kid 2: my sister is prettier!

Kid 1: well my sister is so pretty she has braces on her teeth.

Kid 2: well mine is so pretty she doesn't need braces!

Kid 3: my sister has a big bum and nice clothes she's the prettiest!

Augie: my sister has all that and more except braces even though she had them before! She has long hair and pretty eyes, she has a big bum and long legs! She is also really nice and plays legos with me! I love my sister, she's the prettiest!

Kid 1: I wanna meet her!

I laugh and kiss Augie on the cheek.
"Okay okay we don't wanna be late." I say having to shove him and Mom out the door.

Woah.

Sitting in our driveway next to moms SUV was a white Nissan Ultima in te 2016 model.

It shined and sparkled as every inch of the sun placed a kiss on the car. "Holy shit! Who's car?!" I ask mom not bothering to take my eyes away.

"Oh um that car?" She says smiling her ass off. She looks guilty.

"Yes this car? Which else?"