Just Friends.

B R A E L E E

"I WILL NOT EAT RAMEN NOODLES AGAIN!" Augie hollers as i try to place a bowl of boiled ramen in front of him. He's been eating these for the past two nights since Mom hasnt been home to cook.

"Yes you are and you will." I say sternly as I forcefully hand him a napkin and a fork. He huffs and grumbles but eventually obeys picking angrily at the food.

"Ah the popcorn!" Ashley squeals from the right of me as she opens the now beeping microwave.

Its been a week since I talked to Kody. Well don't get me wrong, we've texted and called and we acknowledge each other in school, but we haven't hung out or done anything more.

I grab my phone as it beeps again.

Kody ❤️: Lmao. And thats the Braelee we fuckin love! :)

"Oh just invite him over already!" Ashley wines from behind me. I didn't even notice her peering over my shoulder despite her constant smacking of popcorn. "He lives next door and he's already made it be known how bored he is... I think he's in need of a friend." She says with a wink.

I roll my eyes. "Hey the movie hasn't even started yet! Don't eat all the popcorn, Cam should be here soon." I say just as the doorbell rings.

"Or maybe he'll be here now." Ashley says, as she slides into her pink pajama slippers. "Ill get it!" She calls out as she rushes to door.

I'm two seconds behind her and when i reach the front door Cam is in his pajamas and is taking his sweater off and hanging it on the rack. I cant help but laugh at his comic themed pajama pants.

"Alright who's ready for a fantastical, magical, binge-watching, movie night?!" Ashley whoops.

"Me!" Augie calls.

"Actually you'll be in your room." I say.

"No! Im staying out here. You're so mean!" He complains.

"How about i let you sleep in my bed and use my TV to watch Netflix, ill even let you play the Playstation." I say.

"Deal. I love you!" He says with a smirk whilst giving me a firm handshake. He's actually supposed to be grounded from electronics according to Mom but lord knows he'll be a handful all night if i don't let him do something else.

"Hm. Augie just always seems to find a way around you and the rules doesn't he." Ashley says. I chuckle.

"Of course. Anyways," i turn to Cam. "Is there a time you were planning on going on home, i mean you're welcome to stay if you'd like." I say.

"Oh okay. Yeah i think ill stay, i mean i live like 2 blocks away so i don't see what wrong a night over could do." He says.

"Alright." I smile. "Anyways, come in the living room ill show you the list of movies Ashleys picked out."

***

We were only halfway through the first movie, when i heard another ring of the doorbell. Cam was watching critically commenting on everything the characters did wrong, while Ashley sat on the other side of the couch with tears in her eyes and a pillow to shield her from anything that may pop out from the dark or under the childs bed.