Family

Sleep is a freedom we all take for granted.

"UGH!" I groan as Augie runs into my room.

"Braelee! Braelee! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" He says excitedly while jumping up and down.

"No." i complain.

"Yes!" He says angrily he pulls the covers off my head and i pull them back up. We continue to bicker. Me pulling te sheets up and him pulling them off.

"BRAELEE!" He finally says giving up.
"Please for me." He then pouts seeing that the tug a war was not working.

"Augie Go away! Just five more minutes." I groan.

"You leave me no choice." he whispers evilly.

"Augie no please-"

He shrill scream cuts me off.

"Dont." I mumble too late.

"BRAELEE WAKE UP! BRAELEE WAKE UP!" He screams continually.

"Okay, Okay! Im up!" I exclaim.

"Good." He smiles at me and i notice he's all dressed up with Red Sox fan gear. A jersey a cap, his face has two lines under it marked with red and white paint. And he wears khakis and nike shoes to top it all off.

I get dressed and head downstairs where my mother is placing cinnamon rolls on the counter.

"Braelee Honey!" She says walking up to me and embracing me in a hug. She seems very excited. Her cheeks are flushed and she smells nice and wears new jewlery. Its the first time ive seen her happy in a while, now that shes with Blake.

I still don't know how to feel about the situation but my mom is obviously getting serious with him if shes started bringing him around us. I have to show some kind of support, not everyone was exactly fond of Kody and I when we first started dating and he turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened to me. He was the best.. but he was also the worst.

"Hey mom." I say taking a seat and eating some of the cinnamon rolls.

"Blake will be here shortly. So make sure you have everything you want to take." She says.

"Okay." I say back and give her a smile to try and ease the tension between us.

I finish eating my share of breakfast and am cleaning the morning dishes when the doorbell rings.

"Ill get it!" Augie calls. "Blake!" He says excitedly jumping into his arms. "I cant wait!"

"Me either." Blake chuckles and hugs Augie back before ruffling his hair.

I wonder what this is like for Augie. He's never really had a father and it's been a very small household wit just the three of us. Maybe having a man around, a fatherly figure, around could be of some help.

Leeanna walks in behind them. "Hey Braelee." She chirps.

"Uh hey." I say. She pulls her cell out of her pocket and laughs before texting someone back. "My friend Haley wanted me to tell you that you're gorgeous and like goals. The freshman really look up to you." She says.

"Uh .. thanks." I dont really know what to say.

"Could we snap a picture." She asks.

"I dont mind." I say. She takes her phone out and takes a few selfies.

"Alright lets get going." My mom says after coming down the stairs.

We all pile into Blakes escalade. Leeanna and I share the backseat while Augie goes insisted on the additional seats in the trunk are. He pulls out his DS and headphones and Blake turns the station. He and my mom get into a conversation about the game.