Cessna

I didn't expect anything to change the next morning but everything did, and in the worse ways possible. Kody was back to his old ways, flirting with every girl in school, showing up late, missing classes, being rowdy with those wild friends of him. I am like a figment of his imagination at this point. Something that was, had been, and would likely never be again.

Weeks have gone by and I haven't even spoken to Kody not once since that night and although i still do occasionally think about him, I'm trying so hard to forget. I've preoccupied myself with Cam and Ashley has been so hesitant around me as if she doesn't know what to expect. But i think she's noticed my efforts, so she's finally talking to me again, at least the way she used to.

"Oh my god. Please help the cafeteria lady! I feel so bad, her wedgies are just like-" i laugh as she continues her story.

"Why are you always looking there." I ask.

"I cant help but notice.. besides, why is she always showing?" Ashley inquires.

"Touche."

"I mean everytime she turns around to restock the salad, i mean how can she NOT feel that!!" Ashley says like its the most obvious thing in the world.

We continue walking down the hallway and the noise level escalates, i suddenly hear a cat-calling noise, and roll my eyes at the huge crowd i see gathered around.

"Dont these people have anything to do with their lives besides sitting around school watching a fight."

"Ha right! Wait is that-" Ashley says. I turn my head as we push through the crowd in an effort to make it to the parking lot.

Kody stands in the middle of the crowd with a caramel girl. I catch a glimpse of her curly hair as they kiss. Kody hands Stella roses and i faintly hear someone shout happy birthday to her before Ashley and I leave.

I roll my eyes, "Are you kidding me! In the middle of the hallway!"

Ashley chuckles, "Hey aren't you supposed to be going somewhere with Cam tonight?"

"Oh yeah! I cant wait." I look at my phone and check the time, "Omg i only have 2 hours to get ready! Lets go."

"Okay, okay. Let me just find my-"
Ashley struggles as she searches through her purse.

"Keys. Here-" I say and toss them to her. We pull out of the parking lot and leave.

It doesn't take us long to reach my house. "Alright now for the hard part." I say as I unbuckle my seatbelt, "What the hell am I gonna wear?!"

"I have no idea." Ashley says i close my door. She doesn't turn off her car and get out with me.

"Wait, you're not helping me get ready?" I say with a frown.

"Nope. Sorry gotta pass, my parents are making me go to some stupid dinner at some fancy overpriced restaurant with their boss and co-workers." She says.

"Ha! Sucks to suck." I say.

"Yup." She sighs. "Ill catch you later." She winks at me before pulling out of my driveway. I watch as her car leaves and i stare at Kodys house for a few seconds before turning away and going into my house.

"Hey Mom .... Blake." I say when i see them sitting in the love seat in my living room with two glasses of wine.

"Hey Augie!" I say rushing over to him and kissing him on the forehead. He's sitting at the bar eating noodles next to a girl i have never seen before. His practice jersey has flecks of grass all over it and his practice pants are lined with grass stains. Blake and my mom head into the kitchen.