Bloody Mary

There were many stories about her, some I heard were:

1) There was once a girl named Mary. She had a very beautiful face. But when she was hit by a car..it all changed. She looked ugly, but Mary herself didn't know how ugly she looked. Her mother wouldn't let her see the mirror, but curious she was and she looked at the mirror. She almost screamed at her reflection. She went in the mirror to search for her real face, the beautiful one she once had.

2) A child was at a hospital. Her mother knew that the child would come out alive, she had hope. But the father didn't. A bell rang, indicating that the patient was dead. Then, put in a coffin. The mother couldn't believe this and knew her child was alive. Her father then killed the mother, because he knew the child was dead, never to come back. But one day, he asked the doctor to open the coffin. What did they find? Scratching marks with blood on it on the lid of the coffin, showing the child struggled to get out of it. Mary's body showed blood on her nails. 

Now...for this story, my friend told me. She plays the bloody Mary game, or calls bloody Mary. She claims that she didn't see Mary through the mirror, but she felt like she heard the bell ringing. So she believes this tale.

Anyways, which version did you think seems more true? The 1st or 2nd? For me, honestly none so far...