Capsule Of The Past.

They sat facing each other, legs crossed, on the couch. Both knew they had to talk about it, but none displayed the courage.

"The couch is really nice. Soft, cushion-ey, and this shade of blue looks so calm. Where did you buy it from?"

Pritha stared hard at Diya.

"Sorry. Is it important to talk about it?"

Pritha was still staring.

"Stop staring at me, dumbo! Say something!"

Still stares.

"You are scaring me now."

Pritha took in all beer from the bottle in a gulp, and went inside to her bedroom. When Diya followed, she gestured her to go back and sit down.

Five minutes later, she came back with a box in her hand.
"You remember, I told you that I'll throw everything that reminds me of you? I thought I would be able do that but I couldn't. Instead, I kept it all safely in this box. I want you to have it." She placed the box next to where Diya was seated.
Diya got up and hugged her.

"Pritha, I want you to know what exactly had happened that day. You were too shattered to listen to me then. I was too angry to deal with things. Then our egos. And six years passed. Today, we need to discuss it all. Clear all misunderstandings."

"Okay."

Diya started explaining everything, very clearly.

It was Pritha's last year of law college. Diya was working as an intern with a renowned fashion designer. They were both in Hyderabad and met frequently.  On one such day, Pritha introduced Diya to her 'new' boyfriend, Rishi.

About a month later, Diya saw Rishi at a nightclub with a girl, who wasn't Pritha. She called Pritha up to confirm if they were still together. Pritha said they were and hung up urgently saying she had to go somewhere.

Diya got a little tensed for her best friend and quickly thought of a plan.

She walked up to Rishi and greeted him. They talked a little and then she told him that she and Pritha weren't friends anymore. Soon, Rishi started flirting. After around half an hour, Rishi wrapped her arms around Diya and leaned in to kiss her, exactly when Pritha reached. "I can't believe this! You're cheating on me with her! And you, Diya, are breaking my trust like this?!" Pritha was shattered.

Diya tried explaining that she was just trying to bust Rishi but Pritha was in no state to understand. And then, Rishi took his revenge from Diya. "Oh, come on, baby. I told you to tell Pritha that we were together. It's okay, baby. Pritha is a smart girl, she'll understand." This enraged Diya. She slapped Rishi and turned back to Pritha to explain things, but she was gone.

Diya couldn't believe that Pritha decided to believe in the words that nasty rat had just said rather than listening to her best friend. Later, they ended their six-year long friendship through a few texts.

"I still have the recording I made that day saved on my phone." said Diya giving her phone to Pritha, after she had given a short capsule of the past.

"No need. I've always trusted you the most. But that day, I trusted what my eyes saw and I thought you had lied. I'm sorry." She wiped her tears.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you about my stupid plan."

"Don't apologize, please. It has all happened because of that fuckboy."

"Why would you even date guys like him?" asked Diya trying to ease the atmosphere.

"I was about to break up with him!" Pritha cried even more.

"Chill! I was just trying to make you laugh. Now, I understand that it's impossible."

"Why?"

"Because of your gloomy house." Diya stuck her tongue out.

Pritha chased her around the house. They had a pillow fight followed by a water fight which Diya won by emptying a bucket full of water on Pritha. They dried up and returned to their favourite chick-flicks.
Their friendship had been revived.