News.

"Okay, Diya" started Pritha, "First things first, come to my office only when it's urgent. Especially when you don't have an appointment and have to discuss something personal. Second things second, it's too early for a kid lover around. Last things last, go over to my place. I'll meet you over lunch. I've to work now."

Diya sighed, understanding the situation and walked towards the door. Smiling warmly, she waved a goodbye to Pritha who mouthed a see-you-soon.

A few hours later, Pritha drove home for lunch which to her surprise Diya had cooked herself.

"So did you tell Aadarsh?" asked an ecstatic Diya.

"Duh!" said Pritha with a mouth filled with the best lasagna she'd ever eaten.

"Well, rewind to that and tell me everything."

"Le-mo-ee" was the reply which Diya understood as a 'let-me-eat' and waited patiently, happy to know that she was appreciated here.

Once Pritha was done eating, rather overeating, she gave the details to her curious best friend.
It was their 'six month anniversary' and Aadarsh was working late that night. When he returned, he found Pritha asleep on the bed. Quickly, he changed into his pyjamas and slipped into his side of the bed when Pritha turned to face him with a reproaching smile on her face.
"I thought you were asleep." he whispered.

"I was thinking."

"What, darling?" He was stroking her cheek now.

She sat up and spoke, "I want you to meet someone. Someone who would change our relationship, the way we look at each other...in short, our whole lives. That someone who I've only known for like a week but love more than you." She looked him into his eyes.

"You've been cheating on me?"

"Want to meet this person? Come with me." she said, her eyes never leaving his.
She took him to the dressing room by his hand.
"So this is where you've hid him? Eww. He saw me naked?"

Suppressing her smile, Pritha took Aadarsh's hand into hers and placed it on her tummy. "Meet my baby, our baby."

Hearing the detailed summary of what happened a few hours back, Diya started clapping. "Wow! And then? What did he say? And other thing, if you knew all this while, why didn't you tell me?"

With an impish look on her face, Pritha answered Diya, "He started jumping around and he told me that I make him the happiest man in the world. He's really happy about this child and I think he would make a great father.
I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure myself. I went to the doctor, got a few tests done and then I told Aadarsh. And then you. Then my parents and in-laws. You were second. Be happy."

"I am."

"Okay now, Diya" Pritha stood up, "Quickly tell me that if you're planning to stay here through my pregnancy, then when will you do all your work and how much is your marriage getting affected by it? Nine months is a lot."

"Well, I've decided to work from Mumbai. Work won't suffer. And marriage, me staying here isn't much of a problem. In fact, Armaan asked to leave...for Mumbai, for you." Her voice fading away towards the end.

But Pritha failed to notice that in the hurry and left for work happily.

***

"What in the hell is this, Diya?" yelled Pritha early in the morning and she stormed into the dining room.

"What?" questioned Diya innocently.

"The newspaper. What crap does it say!"

"I haven't read it...."

This angered Pritha more, "When will you start reading your morning paper?!" She threw the paper towards Diya.
A few moments later, Diya was drowning in her own tears.