Down the rabbit hole

The teams had been gathered after gearing up. Everything was ready for this mission.

Meanwhile, Steve checked his phone. He had more than 14 missing calls from Lynn. He just didn't want to answer to her calls. Jason looked at him.

-You have to answer to her, Jason said.

-No, i won't do this for any reason. I just don't love her anymore. And i did a terrible mistake, said Steve.

-There is always time to fix things. You just have to give it a try, Jason answered. Steve gave him a look and then heard his phone ringing. He instantly picked it up and answered.

-McGarrett...

-Hey Steve, it's Lynn...

-What do you want?

-I just wanted to see if you are ok.

-I am ok. But i want to tell you something..., said Steve calmly.

-What is it Steve?

-I want to break up with you. I think that this is not working at all, said Steve.

-And you decided to tell this to me through phone?, Lynn asked totally annoyed.

-I am not in Hawaii to tell this. I know it's stupid, but i have no other choice, said Steve and a second later, he heard Lynn closing the phone. Jason looked at him.

-That was very steep man..., Jason said surprised.

-I really don't care... I want a favor from you..., Steve said and looked at Jason.

-Tell me..., Jason replied and crossed his arms.

-If anything bad happens to me, tell Catherine that i am sincerelly sorry for hurting her. I really screwed things up..., Steve said with a shaking voice.

-Nobody will get hurt. We will all return from this mission, Jason said.

-Just do what i told you. You never know what might happen..., Steve said and looked at him.

-Alright, i promise you that i will tell it to her, Jason said. Then, Mike came in.

-Hey, what are you doing here? We are leaving. Move!, Mike said and left quickly. Steve and Jason followed him.

All the soldiers entered the helicopters and the VTOLs, which took them to the diamond mine. Steve and Jason were more nervous than anyone else. Jason was sitting on his seat quietly, holding his rifle tight. His finger was already on the trigger, which proved that he was absolutely ready, but also nervous at the same time. On the other hand, Steve took out a picture of Catherine and stared at it. He was wondering how he did such a huge mistake to hurt a woman like her.

Their thoughts were interrupted as the helicopter operator looked at them.

-You are ready to go!, he said.

The team rappelled to the floor and created a perimeter to protect the rest of the soldiers.

-Are you all ready guys?, asked Jason.

-Absolutely, team Metal's members replied. After that, they followed the rest of the forces and fought their way in the mine.

The enemy force was much larger than CIA's. They were firing from every position at Jason's team.

-Watch your fire! There are many explosives in here!, Mike yelled while firing at the enemies.

-We have to move somehow. Otherwise they will escape with the HVTs!, Steve replied.