K.I.A / M.I.A

The helicopter landed on an area close to the mine. As soon as they got out of the helicopter, they saw EMTs rushing to help them. Although they were all fine -except Mike who had been injured- they were shocked from what happened. Jason risked his life and died in order to win enough time for Steve, Catherine and the rest of the soldiers who were fighting in the mine.

-All this shit for nothing! Hades wasn't there!, James muttered.

-I don't believe that he is dead..., Catherine said in tears.

-Maybe you have to accept it Cath. A whole mine fell on his head. It's impossible to survive after that, Steve said and hugged her. This is what Catherine needed right now. And she felt totaly safe in Steve's arms.

On the other hand, Steve couldn't believe that Jason was dead. He couldn't believe that he died in such a violent way. Although he hated him, he felt sorry for his death. His thoughts were interrupted by a medic.

-Sir, i have to check if you are ok. The same goes for Lieutenant Rollins, he said. Steve looked at him with an empty look and nodded.

The medic checked on Steve and later tried to help Catherine. At the same time, Donovan and MacMillan arrived at the place. They hadn't been informed about what had happened.

-Did you find Hades?, asked Donovan and looked at the surviving members of team Metal.

-No. He wasn't in the mine..., James whispered.

-At least you secured Alexey and Rollins, MacMillan said.

-What happened to Mike?, Donovan asked later.

-He was hit by an RPG shell..., Steve said calmly.

-Where's Jason, Mark, Sean and team Granite?, MacMillan asked.

When they heard this question, everybody froze. They looked at each other. Cath tried to restrain her tears.

-Granite was killed by the RPG hit that injured Mike..., Steve answered. Then, silence dominated among them. Nobody could say that Jason was killed.

-And where's Jason and the rest of team Metal?, Donovan asked. Catherine couldn't stay like that anymore and bursted into tears.

-They were killed... the mine... collapsed and killed them... Mark... Sean.... and Jason... are dead..., Catherine said in tears. Steve hugged her tight. Donovan and MacMillan were speechless.

-You can't be serious... he informed us that he released you and Alexey... he then requested for extraction..., said Donovan.

-When the RPG shell injured Mike, Jason told us to hurry up and leave. I told him that we would all leave from here, but he insisted. I was carrying Mike and i couldn't help him... and then... all i remember was me and Catherine yelling him to get onboard. He yelled us to get the fuck out of the mine..., Steve explained totally terrified.

Again silence. Even the superiors were shocked. Lieutenant Jason Blackburn was killed in action while fighting enemy forces in a diamond mine at Ukraine. His body couldn't be retrieved. CIA and NATO had lost a great soldier who contributed his best to a mission against terrorism.

-It can't be! Jason was the devil himself. He can't be dead, Donovan said.

-It seems that even devil can die at some point..., James replied.

-We need to search for his body. And Mark's and Sean's too, MacMillan said.

-It's impossible. It will take us weeks to find him, Catherine said in tears.

-And someone has to inform his sister... she has to know..., Steve said.

-We can't do it. We don't have his body. Jason is presumably dead, but without a body, he is considered MIA, Donovan said.