Chapter 4 - Too Far (Part 1)

Tobias and I are 10 minutes early in the training room so that we can setup the punching bags. We got new ones because Zeke and Shauna had an argument a couple of weeks ago and Zeke ended up breaking a few of them as a result of his anger. They're back together now, though. Somehow their relationship is stronger now than it was before the argument.

"Should we keep us a secret?" I ask Tobias whilst I'm hooking up a punching bag. He helps me, though, because it's easier for him to reach the hook at the top.

"I guess. I mean, if you want to," he replies. I bite my lip as we prop up the punching bag. Its weight takes me by surprise and I bite my lip a little too hard, so I wince. "I don't mind, really," he adds.

We're finished with that punching bag and he walks with me to go to the small storage room to get another one. We carry it mostly with ease.

"But what if someone tries to steal you?" I question.

"Well they can try all they like but it's never going to work."

"But they won't bother trying if they already know that you're mine," I say, smirking.

"Oh, yeah? Well there is more chance of someone trying to steal you," he answers with a wink. I roll my eyes.

"I doubt it."

"Well I don't," he says. But this time he is serious.

I snort at the thought of anyone trying to 'steal' me. I think him and I both know I'm not exactly desirable.

This bag is hooked up now. We both look at the line of punching bags with calculation.

"I think we have enough," we both say at the same time. It sounds weird because my voice is higher than his. We look at each other for a moment and then burst out laughing, also at the same time.

"Okay, how about we don't keep it a secret, but we don't exactly announce it," I say.

"Yeah, then if anyone asks then we can tell them the truth. If they don't ask they can carry on minding their own business," he says in agreement. I laugh.

He turns his head towards the door and there is no one here yet. He turns to me when he knows the coast is clear, but I glance at the door to double check.

"But for now-" he says, trailing off his words as he puts both of his hands on my sides and leans in. I look back at him, my eyes filled with want. Want for him.

Our faces are only a couple inches apart when we hear someone clear their throat. We turn our heads to the door so quick it probably looks like we've sprained our necks.

At the door we see Chloe, who has her arms crossed, and Vicky, who is tapping her right foot.

That secret didn't last very long. Or should I say non-secret?

Tobias immediately drops his hands from my waist and we both cross our arms, slightly facing the opposite way from each other. Tobias looks down and I let out a fake cough which, I think, is starting to cover it up.. That is, until Chloe raises one of her eyebrows.

"Busted," Tobias says under his breath and I laugh a little.

"I'm guessing you wanted to make a good impression by getting here early?" I say to them, trying to avoid the girls' question before they've even got a chance to ask it, because I know what they're thinking.

"Actually, we're on time," says Vicky.

I frown, walking to the spot on the floor where my phone lays and I check the time.