Chapter 10 - Let's Play A's Game

TOBIAS POV

There it is again. The familiar tingle in the patch on skin on my forehead. I smile like an idiot - although I don't quite know what I'm smiling at - until the warmth leaves and my eyes dart open.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." Tris gets up from kneeling on the floor and stands over me as my smile finds its way back to my face.
How often does she kiss me when I'm asleep?

I don't say anything, but I get out of bed and kiss her full on the lips. I'm the one to pull back, but only slightly so I can speak.

"Morning," I say.

"More like afternoon," she says, laughing.

"Seriously?"

"Yep. You're lucky we have a day off."

Tris slides her arms around my neck and I hold her waist. It's almost as if last night didn't even happen. She looks happy and alive, like there isn't someone living among us that invades our lives and is determined to make our lives hell.

I search her eyes for any signs of dispair. None. In her eyes I see a million different things. Different feelings. Different everything. But instead of signs of dispair, I see pure love. The type of love that makes me want to climb Ferris wheels or scream out that I love Beatrice Prior, for the whole of Dauntless to hear.

And that's only what I see in her eyes.

I pull her closer to me by her waist and our heads get closer. And closer.

Our lips barely touch each other's when both of our phones go off.

Tris groans. "You've got to be kidding me," she says, he lips brush against mine when she speaks.

Both of our phones are on the bedside table, glowing with a new text. The same text on both screens.

Let's play a game!
First person to spill their given secret wins.
You have 24 hours or I win!
-A

Tris and I exchange a look before grabbing our phones. They both ping again and another text appears on my screen.

Tris's intimacy fear
-A

My eyes grow more alert with each word of the text I read, but I still don't quite understand.

I show Tris my text and she shows me hers:

Four's real name
-A

"What is A asking us to do?" I ask Tris.

"I think one of us has to expose the secret A sent to us," she says.
So I have to tell people that Tris is afraid of.. sex?

"I'm not telling anyone that. You don't need to worry, Tris. I would never."

"Well I can't tell anyone your name! They'd recognise it straight away. They'd know your-"

"Well what if neither of us does it?" I ask, deliberately cutting her off.

"A wins." She looks at me again, but this time all I can see in her eyes is complete determination. I shake my head.

"That can't happen. I won't let it happen." I say. "If A wins, I doubt it would just be a fear, or a name, that people would find out."