8 | The Enemy

A/N: So this chapter mentions murder and bloody stuff. It's pretty gruesome... So, yeah... Don't say you weren't warned.
Also... I may have gotten carried away at the end. You'll see.

The Map Room was closed off to anyone who wasn't taking part in the Saviors Takeover. After recruiting some more people from Alexandria and Hilltop, and choosing a select few Runners from the Glade, plans for battle were in the works.

Runners from the Glade, and people from both Alexandria and Hilltop were rushing around the Map Room to gather maps and weapons. The people who were leading this revolt were gathered around the table, along with two Hilltop members named Jesus and Andy. We had encountered Jesus several different times, as he seemed to be Hilltop's representative. He was friendly enough.

Now, Andy had been taking supplies to the Saviors as a representative for Hilltop. He had gotten into an altercation with Rick back at Hilltop, and had broken his hand. The only one alive who could tell us what they know about the Saviors' Compound was Andy.

"Describe it." Rick tells Andy as he slams a piece of paper onto the table. Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Glenn, Jesus, MinHo, and I leaned forward as we took in what we would be facing against.

Andy starts to draw what the layout of the Saviors' base looks like from memory, "Rectangular building. Big satellites on it..."
"Any windows?" MinHo asks, as he sneakily places his hand at the small of my back. Glenn looks over at me worriedly as I clear my throat.

"I don't remember any. I think they made it so that there's only one way in."
"Guards outside?" I ask as I point to the sketch of the entrance. Andy nods his head as he draws two X's near the entrance to represent guards.
"Yeah, two of them at the least."

Michonne crosses her arms, "And you don't know how many people they have?"
"No..." Andy pauses in his drawing before saying uncertainly, "Uhhh... I mean, no... I saw a place where they stored food. It wasn't that big, so..."
"You've been inside?" Rick interrupts.
"Yeah. They had us load in supplies one time---"

Glenn slams another piece of paper onto the table, "What do you remember?"
Andy starts to draw a rough sketch of hallways, while keeping the paper still with his bandaged hand. It was a simple layout, and the hallway wasn't as complex as they thought. But with only one hallway sketched out for them, the rest of the compound was unknown. They couldn't take any risks.

"And you didn't see any other rooms?" Glenn clarifies.
"No... It's a big place." Andy points at the drawing he just finished,
"This is the only hallway I saw. There is more."
"And every time, they had you bring things into here?" I point to the section Andy had labeled as 'Pantry.'

"We brought a couple spears for them, and two of the Saviors took them down this hallway..." Andy draws an arrow that goes through his sketch and right off the page. Whatever was past that point was unknown to them.

"Now they must've done something with the spears, because they didn't come back with them." Andy wonders out loud.
"Maybe a weapons locker. An armory." Jesus theorizes. It made perfect sense, and it was the perfect plan.

Glenn stands to his full height and crosses his arms, "Okay... We get in there, secure the armory... And that's how we end it."
Everyone nods in agreement, with the exception of Andy, who shook his head.
"But we don't know if they have an armory... Or where it even is."