ALT. ENDING 1

Because everyone wants a happy ending.

6 months later...

All the Runners were accounted for, and the gates were closing. MinHo runs in with Sam's machete sheath to his harness He ran up to Newt, who was carrying a basket of newly picked crops, "Hey shank."
MinHo comes to a halt and wipes his sweat with the back of his hand, "Have you seen Sam?"

Newt points to the Med-Tents, "She's in the Med-Tents organizing the medicine cabinet again."

And undeniably, there she was. Completely oblivious to MinHo's presence at the entrance of the Med-Tent. Sam was rummaging through all the different drugs and medicines before placing them in a certain order. What was left of her left arm was wrapped in bandages, and was exposed through her green tank top.

In short, MinHo was able to get her to the Med-Jacks in time on that fateful day. It was a close call, but Sam pushed through. When MinHo saw her for the first time after she woke up, he held her in his arms for a long time. He felt a bit guilty whenever he saw the stub of what was left of her arm, considering he was the one who chopped it off.

But Sam always assured him that if he hadn't done it, then she wouldn't be here.
Without the use of both arms, Sam was deemed unable to fend for herself as a Runner. It was hard to handle a machete with only one hand, anyway. Being told this, Sam once again joined the Med-Jacks willingly. Although most of her work reduced to just organizing and cleaning, she considered it retirement from being a Runner.

Knowing that Sam will most likely never be able to use her machete again; she gifted her prized possession to MinHo. At least she knows her machete will be in safe hands.
Since then, Sam was treated as a Queen. There was not a day that goes by without MinHo giving Sam a gift from beyond the walls. It was his way of making her feel like she was still connected with the outside world. Sam would smile whenever she accepted them; and that was a plus.

MinHo and Sam were technically married. There wasn't any formal gathering. They never officially said they were, but people could only just accept them as husband and wife. They even refer to each other as such, but Sam childishly refused to let MinHo tell anyone they were married until he gets her a ring.

Being told to find a wedding ring, MinHo has never been more stressed during supply runs. Everytime he brought back a probable wedding ring; it was either too small or too big. The Runners could feel MinHo's hopes rise whenever he would stumble across a wedding band, only to have it thrown out when it was deemed to not be the one. Finding the perfect wedding ring was harder than MinHo thought.

MinHo watched amusedly as Sam tries to reach for something on the top shelf of the cabinet.

"As much as I find it amusing to watch you struggle..." Sam drops her arm to her side and twirls around at the all too familiar voice. MinHo smiled at her as he advanced towards her. He came to a halt in front of her; the space between them almost nonexistent.

MinHo looks away for a moment as he reaches up and grabs the bottle of antibiotics with ease.
He pulled away from Sam to put the bottle in between them,
"...It would take you forever to reach it."
He brushed nonexistent dust off her right shoulder, before wrapping Sam's hand around the bottle to hold it. He ruffles her hair, but Sam swats his hand away with a scoff, "Stop trying to make my heart flutter. That trick doesn't work on me anymore."