6 Years Later

This is some background for the next few years in the story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the death of Master Fu, everything went downhill.

Two weeks after his death Felix's parents sent him to an all boy's boarding school.

Then four days after that, Bridgette's parents sent her to the sister school of Felix's, an all girl's boarding school.

Neither were allowed off campus.

Without her two friends, Marinette became shy and clumsy, with low self-esteem.

The only bright spot for Marinette was that she soon found a new friend, Nino. Of course it didn't help that whenever she looked at him he glowed with a dark reddish-brown aura. She just ignored that and the two quickly became good friends. 

Marinette never told him about what she used to do, but she did tell her parents she also told them that if Hawkmoth ever made a move she would have to take up the mantle again. Her parents were more understanding than she thought they would be, and even helped her plan, since her work would undoubtedly make her miss a few days of school should she ever start again.

Bridgette and Felix hardly ever contacted her, and when she was twelve she met Alex and Kim. They never really became good friends but they were reliable and if she ever needed help, they were there. Whenever she talked to them, Alex glowed with an orange aura, and Kim glowed with a dark green aura.

It helped that from the time she was ten they all had the same classes. The downside of this was that Chloe Bourgeois was in her class as well.

When they were fourteen they got two new students, Alya Cesaire, and Adrien Agreste. Both had the auras of miraculous holders, Adrien glowing lime green and Alya glowing yellow.

Chloe knew Adrien so Marinette was instantly wary of him, but was calmed when he introduced himself nervously.

Nino and Adrien quickly became best friends, as did Marinette and Alya. Chloe was determined ruin any friendship that Adrien and Marinette might have. But she continued to fail, as Adrien gained a small crush on the shy girl that sat behind him.

Even those who felt like they knew her inside and out, continued to be surprised by her. Like when they discovered Bridget and Felix.

It went like this:

It was two months after Alya and Adrien started going to school there and Marinette was just doodling. Chloe came by and saw a chance to embarrass Marinette. "Oh! What's this? Are you drawing you and Adrien as a couple?!" Chloe said in a loud voice getting the attention of the entire class. Marinette seemed surprised as well, until she looked down and nearly laughed. "Chloe this isn't me and Adrien. But I can see how you might come to that conclusion. The girl has hair similar to mine and the boy... has the same style of hair as Adrien? I don't know how you see Adrien in him but okay." Marinette said, letting a bit of her old self slip through. This surprised the class and they all crowded around to see the picture. In a way it did look like the two but they wouldn't say it looked like them. Just similar. Chloe huffed, "Well if it isn't you and my Adrie-kins then who is it?" She demanded. At this Marinette almost clammed up. But then she sighed. "It's a picture of my cousin, Bridgette, and her boyfriend Felix." and that's all she would say on the matter.

Now that we have that out of the way, let's get to the present.

The gang are sixteen and for once everyone is at school early, except for Marinette. The teachers said they had something important to tell them. "Now everyone, I'm proud to say that our school will be holding the Track and Field Week here. The other two schools have agreed and their students will be separated so that every classroom will have three classes in it." The principal said, making everyone excited. After the introduction everyone pretty much zoned out. The principal, sensing this, told them to go to their classes.

When they got there they saw two groups of people, that appeared to be at war. And sitting in her usual seat, being ignored by everyone, was Marinette.

"Girl where have you been!?" Alya exclaimed, making the two groups pause and look at the new people in the room. "Sorry Alya I stayed up late working on a project and I overslept. When I got here the auditorium doors were locked, so I came here. The feuding people were here before I was."

Alya sighed, "Marinette you can't keep working like this you'll get sick."

When Alya said the girl's name the two that had been in the front of the two feuding groups broke away, surprising the rest.

The two walked to the front of the room and cleared their throats, catching everyone's attention. "To the students that go here, I would like to apologize for making you see us in such an undignified manner." The boy said, the girl took up the speech. "Yeah. The two of us had been fighting over something and our friends got caught up in the moment. By the way, formal boy over here is Felix DeNoir, and I'm Bridgette Cheing."

Marinette heard the names and nearly jumped out of her seat. Actually she jumped over her desk and hugged the two.

Everyone who knew her was surprised, Marinette was really clumsy, so how could she jump over a desk and land on her feet?! Not to mention that Adrien was slightly jealous that she would hug a total stranger but not him.

Then a voice broke the surprise, "Hey! You can't just hug Bridgette and Felix! You're not even worthy to speak to them!" The voice belonged to an Italian girl with green eyes. Bridgette sighed, "Lila for the thousandth time! We are just normal people there is no reason she can't hug either of us. In fact she probably has more reason than anyone else, seeing as she's my cousin and Felix is a childhood friend of hers." Everyone was shocked, Marinette knew one of the wealthiest families in Paris?

Then Nino held up his hand as the voice of reason, "Hold up dude, I've known Mari for years and never once have I seen you three hang out together." Many started to agree with him. Felix, who was now holding on to Marinette and refusing to let go much to the anger of Adrien, smirked. "When did you meet her?" Nino looked confused and answered, "When we were ten."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I end it here.