Nightmare

Time/Location: 2011, Wayne Manor 

Dick Grayson: age 14 (Robin)

Jason Todd: age 9 (Redwing)

Tim Drake: age 7 (In Training)

Damian al Ghul Wayne (Grayson): age 11 months

'Sânge la sânge la bine la rău la o iubesc fratele sacrificiu mai final pentru a frate la tată la fiu ; fiului meu o profane' (Blood to blood, Good to evil, heart to heart, to the one I love the most, the ultimate sacrifice, brother to brother to father to son ; my son unholy one). Echoes through his mind as he sleeps. "No, No, NOOOOOO!!!!" Dick screams and wakening from his deep slumber. He jumps out of bed, runs out his bedroom door, down the hall and enters his little boy's room; the brother meant to do wrong. The son meant to destroy him. There in the darkness of room laying crib was Damian al Ghul Grayson; a creature of innocents. Cradling him in his arms whispering silent and calm words to him. "I will always be here to protect my little bird. Always." Tears rolling down his face, watching the quiet fall and rise of his son's' chest as he was breathing. "Dick, are you alright?" Dick looked up and there standing at the door was his adopted father, billionaire Bruce Wayne. "No", he said as he placed Damian back into his crib, "The nightmares....they are getting worse. I keep hearing it. Over and over again. I can't let it happen. Bruce do you think it's true?" New tears began to form in his eyes again as he look to him for an answer. "I'm not sure Dick. All the evidence we have gather has proven that you are the one and he is going to be the one to destroy everything as we know it. I'm sorry Dick. There is nothing we can do to stop your death and he's rise to the throne of evil as well as the end will come and we can't stop it." He said with eyes of worry. Knowing Dick loved no one more than his son, Damian. "Bruce if it is okay I'd like to be alone with him for a while?" With that Bruce left the room. He knelt next to the crib and covered his face with his hands as tears rolled down his face. It was then he heard a small voice; Damian's voice. "Dada, Daddy", quickly he cradled him in his arms and," Yes Dami I'm here, daddy's here and I'll never let go. I'm so sorry that you were born into this cruel world that I can't protect you from. Know that one night I will die and when you're growing up and I'm not there know that one night I died was for you to be able to grow up, my little bird." Little did he now of the devil's plans; that one day the society of evil will get their prince of the death back and shatter the heart and soul of Dick Grayson.