Chapter 3: Forest of Death

CHAPTER 3:

Iron King POV

"My League, the Royal guards are tracking the girl in the Forest of Death", the Minister of Justice stated quietly with his head down.

A satisfied smile overcame my face, as I caressed the golden dragon handle of my throne. "Get me my horse!" I demand to to various court servants, loitering outside my grand hall.

I stand up from my throne and with a lingering touch, I walk towards my black stallion waiting outside. It's time to see the exotic beauty, that my people have produced for their King, me.

These trees are very irritating, they seem to be blocking my path in this Forest of Death. The sunrise created ghastly shadows against the trees, illuminating its beauty but hiding its dangers.

Shouting and screaming startled my stallion. I focused on the yells, and rode forward. The trees opened up for me, giving me a view of my Royal guard in a circle.

The clouds seemed to cast shadows on them, but one Ray of sun was illuminating the middle and reflecting of a sword.... In a girls neck.

Realisation seeped into my very existence, the exotic beauty I had claimed, fell away from the sword. She was in a pool of her own scarlet blood.

The iron sword fell from Kwan's grasp. The leader of the Royal guard disobeyed my orders. Which were very simple orders, bring the girl to me unharmed. And to me she looks very injured.

Her eyes were blank and began to slowly shut. "You insolent fools, get a doctor!" I roared, a I reached the girl when her eyes shut.

There was so much blood, I felt like I was swimming in it. Her ashen face glowed against her bloody surroundings. The metallic smell was polluting my system, and I stood away from the soon to be corpse.

******************************

"My league, the girl has awaken", a Court Lady exclaimed. I can't believe that frail girl managed to survive such a horrific injury. She loss so much blood, and stained my Royal hanbok. But, I guess kings like me can create miracles to ordinary peasants.

I walked eagerly to the pavilion for my guest. She was to be kept hidden from the gossiping servants.

The guard outside the door, bowed and opened it. I slowly walked in, ducking my head to avoid hitting the low door way. As my head rise, golden eyes captivated my own. She had long dark hair, and skin the color of ash. Her lips were the color of the She took my breath away.

Being the Crown Prince and then King, I had been introduced to many beautiful girls with high social standing. But this girl is something else. Her beauty was timeless.

"Who are you?" She questioned, her straightforwardness startled me.  The guard had entered the room without me realising, shouted suddenly, "How dare you straighten your neck and look, his majesty, in the eyes!", as he pulls out his iron sword.

Her head snaps down in surprise, and a small gasp of pain escaped her small lips. The white bandage quickly turned scarlet. She tugs at her iron chains, but grows too weak to continue.

"Get the Royal Physician!" I demanded, as I graceful go down to my knees. I cup her pale cheek in my palm, lifting her head up so I could examine her neck.

Her eyes widen in surprise and she yanks herself out of my grasp and lands softly onto the bed. Her eyes flutter close for a second, that seem to last forever, and it did.

"My league" the doctor greeted as he stepped into the room, quickly analysing the situation. He rushed towards her and got to work.

******************************
Scarlet's flash back (3rd person)

London, 1377

The cage was small, with sharp pieces of wood pointing inwards. Her fathers scream of pain, filled the night as a piece of molten rock was placed in his lap. The crowd chanted witches, as if they were enchanted by his cries.

Her eyes grew misty. She hugged her knees tighter as a bitter gust lashed against her face. She tried not to, she did, but one perfectly round drop edged down her numb cheek. It fell onto the cold stone of the step. Burying her head in her hands out of shame and sorrow, more bloody droplets seeped from her eyes. She looked weak, the one thing she did not want to look. But worst of all, she felt weak, she felt powerless and all she wanted to do was cry.

Her mothers cries of pain overtook her own, the bond between her parents was slowly withering and twisting their blood. Why must she suffer like this?

End of flashback
********************************

"My league, she will wake in a few days, but I fear the death of the forest has penetrated her body for forever....."