Secrets and Lies

Twilight is owned by Stephanie Myers, please support the official release.

Written by Nashmeira S. W.

Edited by EstrellaGrace

Be sure to check out her work. :3

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Chapter 1:2 ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Secrets and Lies ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

I could only sigh as I rode with Charlie in his police cruiser. The silence was almost maddening, and I wanted to tell dad it would be okay, but in my mind I knew it wouldn't be. Edward and Doctor Cullen knew I was different, but then again it was obvious that they were different too. We each had a secret we didn't want anyone to know so maybe if nothing else that would be enough for us both to keep our secrets.

Maybe Dad is just going to let today slide.

"So," He let the word hang for a moment. "Anything I should know about, or be prepared to hear about?"

Or maybe not...

I swallowed hard and thought just how to word this before speaking. My father was stoic and he, like Forks, was very down to earth; the wordchange was not in his dictionary.

"Well as you know Edward was right beside me when the van hit and he tackled me to the ground. I stopped that van from crushing us." I emphasized us because my dad would only scoff that a van would crush me. Right on cue, he scoffed. "But it's ok. We have a compromise."

This caused my father to give me a curious look. One that asked even before he spoke the works that he didn't believe me.

"What kind of compromise could you have come to that would make him really keep his word?" He asked, and he had every right to be skeptical. Hell, I was skeptical.

"He has a secret too."

"What kind of secret, Bells? If he says anything to anyone, even his family, and it got out..." My father gave a heavy sigh. "Well, it wouldn't be good. You know that."

"You're going to have to trust me, he knows my secret and his is just as big. Besides, his father already knows too." The look my father gave me was not anger, it was disappointment. he just shook his head as we pulled in the driveway. Keeping his hands on the wheel as he looked straight ahead.

"And what is his secret?"

"It's my fault he knows about me and I about him. So it's my secret to keep." Dad just look on his face taking on a hardness, he was worried. when he turned to me.

"Well, I hope the faith you have in the Cullens is well founded."

(;'Д')

Charlie stayed with me for a while to make sure I was okay. Mentally mind you because physically, I was as good as ever. He didn't hover and I liked that about him. We went about our day and I made lunch. The meal was eaten in near silence with only the occasional banter about school and how I was liking it. Nothing about inhuman strength or crushing hands came up.

We ate silently for a while and watched TV. Afterwards while he watched TV, I was reading and the hours slipped by until about five that afternoon.

"I'm going to let Mitchell off tonight since he is working my shift. So I'll be really late tonight." Dad said breaking the tension. He stood and almost like a habit, I followed him to the door as he retrieved his police belt and gun from when we came home.