Duties

Sorry for grammatical mistakes etc,my lack of sleep is not good when it comes to writing. Either way, I Hope
you enjoy this little piece. This story takes place in southern England

-Continued on-

If Abigail had a pound(£) for ever time her wolf said that, she would be a rich woman. Her wolf was always intent on finding her other half but Abigail herself, was not. She always believed power was always more successful when it wasn't shared.

While being an alpha, Abigail had other duties to attend to like meeting other packs, learning magic from other witches grimoires and observing the humans. Observing them for afar was a past time for Abigail, she always admired humans. To her, they always seemed more loving than what she was used to, but Abigail would rather someone would die for her cause than die for her love. She was never really a loving person, she would much rather inflict pain on someone than exchange hugs and kisses, affection wasn't really her forte.

Abigail showered and got ready to go out and meet with another pack's alpha,he was from Ireland and wanted to trade her tactics for his Irish links, which was interesting to her. She opened her draw that contained her stash of weapons and placed a couple of throwing knives in her boot, Abigail never believed in a peaceful meeting, in her case it always seemed to go south.

Walking toward the front door to leave, her beta Charlie appeared beside her. She once again had a bag of clothes in her right hand. ''The new wolves have accustomed to the training well, especially Luke, he will be a great front fighter I can see it'', she said to Abigail courteously. Abigail was never a fan of praising, that was her beta's job, Abigail would be in charge of criticising, her methods were always effective in keeping her pack in check. Though Abigail's coldness was evident in all the pack members, they were all happy and secure ,it seemed. Especially the children, they only knew love and that was what they were taught till age 14, when fighting and power took over their lives.

''I wish to go to with you to meet him, he always brings reinforcements,that is what I have been told by many who have met him'', Charlie told her. Abigail nodded curtly and phased into her russet wolf then took off into a ran. Charlie phased quickly behind her. Charlie's wolf was white and noted for it's immense speed. The two ran together passing through counties and reached London, Abigail's wolf huffed.Why must they always meet us in busy places, I hate the crowds.

Abigail phased into her human form,took the bag of clothes from Charlie's mouth and quickly changed into them. Abigail preferred her human form, it was easier to suppress her wolf's insistent nagging about her mate or her lack of compassion. She also had less control with her wolf, it always seemed to oppose Abigail's techniques. With her human form she was able to govern her magic and take her enemies by surprise, these were the perks of being a hybrid.

''Wait here, you'll know if I need you but for now make yourself scarce, I'd rather not have the issue with the humans seeing you and causing a scene'', Abigail told Charlie. Abigail somewhat cared for Charlie's well-being, even though she knew Charlie could handle herself very easily, it was a strange bond between the both of them, many did not understand it.

Charlie padded off gingerly leaving Abigail to her own devises, this gave her time to inhale the air and track the werewolf that she was supposed to meet. Which was difficult due to the mass amount of people and pollution-filled London air.

''Hello Ms Cheverill, I am here to discuss and trade tactics with you, your methods are quite famous even in Ireland. I do wish to make my pack stronger and in return give you links to our Irish packs'', a voice said from behind her. This accent was strong and to Abigail, seemed sincere. ''Let us walk,'' Abigail replied.

They spoke for a few hours, before Abigail decided that this wolf maybe be worth her time after all. She did love the Irish countryside, it was different to her native British one. "Well, Alpha Abigail do you accept my proposition?", Alpha Seamus (shay-mus) said finally. His blue eyes not meeting hers. For an alpha, he seemed frightened of Abigail but this was normal for her. She nodded and tucked a red curl behind her ear. "I do accept, meet me on the Eastern boarders of my territory next Tuesday , you shall meet my pack and experience my training methods. Bring two wolves only, anymore than that and they will killed ", Abigail agreed strictly.

Abigail thought this link with an Irish pack would broaden her power, thus making her more known and more importantly feared among others.

Alpha Seamus shook her hand and Abigail turned to the direction of home, she was always the first to walk away, in her mind it displayed dominance and authority. When she was out of sight and she ran to phase into her wolf and go home, once she did Charlie was beside her running in an instant. "I grant it went well of course", Charlie
said through mind-link. Abigail didn't reply as was expected, she just ran.