Run

Abigail wasn't particularly sure what to do,listen to her wolf's whining and constant chanting of the word mate or run. She was ridged and her whole body seem to be betraying her. Abigail's body wanted him, her adrenaline  was pumping through her and her heartbeat was racing. She just stared at him.

  His hand suddenly reached out to take the glasses from her and proceeded to put them on. Abigail noticed his eyes, a deep bluish colour were covered with messy dark hair,his skin was sunkissed with golden tan that must be from the sun. He also had one dimple on his left cheek. Beautiful, her wolf whispered.

  "I-I don't particularly know what to say", the man said interrupting her staring. Abigail met his eyes, they had changed to green and the warmth from them surrounded her. " A thank you would suffice", Abigail replied abruptly, her wolf growled at Abigail's harsh tone. Her mate was to be treated with only niceties. The man smiled and turned his head toward the dismembered wolves, his face changed into a look of horror. "W-w-what happened", he stuttered. The scene was a gory one, blood spilled and the dismembered rogues' body parts scattered the pavement. Abigail raised her eyebrow, " I saved you, I want you to say nothing to no one. Or I'll kill you", Abigail threatened. She could feel her wolf's anger, she was threatening to force Abigail to turn.

  The man turned and stared into Abigail's eyes, they were blue due to her calm mood. "Well, um my name is Seth, I really won't say anything, I promise", he said looking at her sincerely. Abigail hesitated, she didn't want this. Mates were a weakness. "Abigail",she said, and made her decision to run.

  She rose quickly to her feet and sprinted towards the lush green forestry that hid her pack house and chosen home. She could hear Seth shouting her name and in return making her wolf whine and whimper. Abigail heart was racing, it felt like something inside of her had changed, like her intuition was telling her to go back to him. "You do not need a mate, mates indicate an easy weakness, and he is a pathetic human, he wouldn't survive", Abigail told herself whilst running.

  Once she had lost sight of Seth she phased into her wolf and ran toward the scent of her pack house, but somehow she could smell Seth's unique scent, this unnerved her and she began to concentrate on the scent of the pack house. Abigail smelt the familiar metallic smell of blood, something was happening and she raced toward it.

  Once she reached the house,the blood-smell was strongly evident in the air, she ran around to the fighting area and a young female wolf was bleeding. Abigail sniffed the girl's wound, it was fresh but not deep and Abigail knew she would heal quickly. The skin was already knitting back together before Abigail's eyes and the young wolf's fingers began to twitch indicating her return to consciousness. Her eyes shot open and she bolted upright, and jumped a little when she recognised Abigail's wolf. "A-a-Alpha, please, two rogues were on our lands and I thought I could take them on by myself a-and they attacked me and ran, I'm so sorry , forgive me please", the girl wailed, hanging her head. Abigail felt her blood boil,anger surged through her. Abigail bit into the girl's shoulder causing her to scream in pain, and ran off to sniff out the rogues and send wolfs to hunt them down. Abigail inhaled the air and a faint unfamiliar smell was coming directly south, she mind-linked members of her pack to find them and kill them gruesomely. Abigail then padded into the house and phased into her human form. Naked and tired. Abigail decided on taking a bath to relieve her stress and think over her day. She walked toward the extravagant bathroom and prepared her bath water. Instead of turning on the taps manually, she indicated the motion with her hands and the taps began to turn. Magic felt good like this, calming and simple but Abigail needed her magic for more important and more complex means, calming magic was somewhat useless to her.

The bath was filled and Abigail stepped into the steamy water, it burned her slightly but she endured the pain and lay down with her head resting against a bath pillow. Abigail closed her eyes and her began to linger towards Seth, his blue eyes were captivating, like sapphires sparkling in the light, she remembered his glasses thick framed and suited him well. Abigail found herself smiling and she put her hands in her hair and pulled to snap herself out of the day dream.

  Abigail's mind drifted to when Alpha Seamus was supposed to arrive, she still needed her younger members to be trained in knife throwing before he was to arrive, she also needed to organise entertainment during the full moon and fresh linen for the beds. Abigail sighed, her head began to pulsate with the stress. She ran her hands through her hair and then sank into the water. Abigail laid there for about a minute before she heard a knock on her bathroom door, she stood up,wrapped a towel around her and unlocked the door. Charlie appeared in front of her and gave Abigail a note. It was a list of the training that the younger wolves had overcome, all seemed completed including knife throwing. Abigail smiled and nodded at her beta before shutting the door and walking toward her bedroom to dry off and prepare herself for bed.

Once she was finally laid in bed, Abigail thought about Seth again. It was already becoming a habit and this worried her, but she was not stupid . Abigail knew that there was nothing in the world stronger than the love beaten two mates, nothing was harder than rejection from a mate or to a mate. For some reason, Abigail didn't wish to reject Seth as she knew it would be more pain for her than for him.

Abigail's wolf whined at the thought.