Chapter Twenty Three - 'Lost In London'

"Hair brush?"

"Check"

"Toothbrush?"

"Check"

"Aftershave?"

"That's what it was that I nearly forgot!" Harry shouted before disappearing through his bedroom door. I stood up from his bed where I'd previously been sitting and placed the list of items on the bed sheet. I looked around his bedroom. It was a typical teenage boy's room; clothes thrown on the floor, unmade bed and the floor swamped with CDs and video games. A yawn escaped from my mouth. I wasn't used to being awake so early in the summer holidays.

"Right then, that's everything packed now" Harry said re-entering the room with a glass bottle of fragrance in his left hand. I watched as he approached his suitcase and placed it in a small pocket on the inside.

"Oh thanks for helping me pack baby" he smiled pulling me close to him by my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and couldn't contain my smile.

"No problem" I whispered into his ear.

I immediately felt his hot breath on my neck, planning soft kisses along my collarbone. My heart started to race a little, his hand slid down my back.

"Are you ready to leave Harry?" came a voice from downstairs, breaking our little moment. Harry quickly moved away from me and cleared his throat. "Yes mum"

We shared a small smirk then he picked up his suitcase from the floor and walked towards the exit of his room. As he reached the door he turned and signalled with his head for me to follow him. I pulled my backpack onto my shoulders and went to join him down the stairs.

It was still hard to believe that the boys would be on X Factor soon, in fact it was all that was spoke about on the journey down to London and right up until we checked into our hotel. I loved London, it was up there with my favourite places in the world and so far it wasn't letting me down. Harry had never been before so it was all very exciting for him too. We were like hyperactive children as we dragged our bags up to our new rooms. The apartment size room looked recently built and decorated, a purple theme running though the curtains and bed sheets. It was so nice it left us with nothing more to say but thank you to Anne and Robin, Harry's mum and step dad, for getting such a brilliant place for us to stay. Telling us it was no trouble they soon left for their room, leaving me and Harry to unpack all our belongings.

After about an hour of hanging up and folding clothes Harry stopped and sat on the bed. I looked up at him from where I sat on the floor next to my suitcase. He suggested we leave this till later and head out to meet up with the others and I seriously couldn't agree more. He pulled me to my feet and threw me a jacket. I pulled it around me before sliding the zip up halfway because it was summer after all.

We shuffled quickly down the corridor, keeping quiet while passing Anne and Robin's room. We flew down the stairs and out onto the busy streets of London. I saw Harry's eyes sparkle as he took everything in. It was amazing, people hurried, cars whizzed and bikes sped past.

"We're going to live here one day" said Harry eventually as we were a hundred yards down the road from the hotel. I did nothing but smile at this brilliant idea he'd suggested. The refreshing feeling that Harry saw us staying together for a long period of time caused a delicate and colourful butterfly to flutter to the top of my abdomen and back down again.

We didn't know where our friends were staying or where we were, infact within taking 50 steps we were lost on the busy, crowded streets of London. The fascination with our capital city had led us to forget in what direction we had came. We had no other choice but to keep going and going, into the hustle and bustle of stressed men and women scurrying back to their work desks to stare at a blank computer screen. We recognised a couple of landmarks as we soldiered on, we didn't know the names but we'd seen them before if not on TV then in photos. Big Ben and the London Eye seemed to welcome us like our own holiday reps.