Chapter Sixteen - 'Brand New Year'

~ A Week Later ~

"Harry, I'm almost sure we were supposed to turn down that road back there!" I moaned as I noticed the 'dead end' sign.

My feet were cold and aching under the pressure of my platformed stilettos. My tights itched against my frost bitten skin as I dragged myself down the street. Maybe Harry was right, these shoes might have been a little too high.

"Well I'm almost sure the address Niall gave me said this way" Harry reassured me zipping up his leather jacket to keep his torso warm from the windy draft.

"Whatever you say" I said rolling my eyes.

He plucked a neatly folded piece of paper from his right pocket and held it up towards the street light so he could read the scribbles.

Niall, Sara's boyfriend, had moved to our school two years before Harry did. He used to live in the Republic of Ireland and still has a very polished Irish accent which makes him sound adorable. The fact he hadn't lived here for that long worried me, what if this address he gave us was completely wrong?

Harry seemed definite he knew the way but quite frankly he hardly knew his way around here either.

Harry lowered the piece of paper from the light and looked at me.

I sighed, "It was that other road, wasn't it!" I said crossing my arms that were only covered by a woolly cardigan.

Harry smiled a guilty smile. He laughed nervously before swallowing hard.

"...yeahhh..." He said slowly, lowering his head.

"Come on then" I said positively, linking his arm and starting to walk back in the direction we came.

It was a bitterly cold night. My knee knocked together and my teeth made a 'clanking' noise as they began to chatter. I was thriving off the body heat that Harry's arm provided.

"It's pretty cold isn't it" I said making conversation.

"Cold? Are you cold? I'm alright" He said snatching away his arm so he could tighten his scarf around his neck.

"Yeah..a little" I said as I grabbed back his arm.

Harry went quiet for a moment.

"So do you want my jacket?" he said starting to unzip it.

Me and Harry were hopeless romantics, especially Harry. This relationship stuff was still quite new to both of use. We were learning together.

Hmmmm...now should I or shouldn't I take the jacket?

Well if I took it I'd be warm and cosy until we got to Niall's, also it would be quite like a romantic movie where the girl wears the boy's jacket. On the other hand, what about Harry? No one knows how the boy in the film feels! Knowing our luck he'd probably give me the jacket and then he'd catch pneumonia or something.

"No, I'm okay" I said blowing hot air onto my frozen fingers and hands.

"Tough, you're getting it anyway" he said as he pulled off his jacket so he now only had on his blazer and before I had a chance to question him he wrapped the jacket around my shoulders.

I couldn't object now so I simply thanked him and continued walking.

~~~

"Alright" Niall said as he opened the door. We'd finally found the right house after hours and hours of looking.