Chapter Nine - 'True Love'

WARNING: This chapter may be distressing to some readers.

If you have been affected by sexual abuse or rape please think before reading on.

For this to upset you would be the most awful thing that could happen.

~~~

No-one ever stops to explain how precious life is.

People say it all the time - 'YOLO'.

You Only Live Once

but no-one actually tells you how easy it is for someone to take or even ruin a life.

What goes through their minds?

What goes through a serial killer's mind as they force a knife into someone's back?

What goes through a paedophile's mind as they approach a playground?

What goes through a rapist's mind as they rape an innocent teenage girl on her 16th Birthday?

Does he consider her life? Does he select her from the others? Or does he just choose her because he can?

I didn't stop to ask him as he nodded his head then left my abused body in the deserted park. I didn't care that he did it. I cared why? Why me? Why did he do that to me?

I don't know how long I sat knees tight to my chest crying. Tears streaming my face like a waterfall crashing off my nose like the rocks. My phone lay next to me battered from the struggle to call for help. I thought I was strong but you realise how weak you are against a full grown man. Suddenly my tears stopped. I hadn't recovered from tonight's tromatic event, my eyes had just run out of tears. I picked up my phone from the floor, holding it close to my face. It took all of my strength to type the letters 'H' 'a' 'r'. My trembling finger slowly pushing down on the call button. I held the phone to my ear with two hands to stop it shaking.

"Hello, where are you?" I sensed the concerned in my protective boyfriend's voice

"Harry" I squeaked, it took so much energy just to open my mouth.

"Lucy, Lucy tell me where you are? What's wrong? Are you ok?" he was panicking and so he should be.

"Harry" I squeaked so innocently, so weakly "I...I..need you here". I sobbed like a baby for a few seconds, I broke down, it finally sunk in what had happened.

"Where are you Lucy please? What's happened? I'm coming to find you just tell me where you are?" I heard him fumbling around with his jackets.

"I...I'mm...at that park" I whispered.

"Which one? WHICH ONE?" he was growing very impatient.

"W....whe..where we met...f..for our first date" I mumbled out of breath.

"Ok don't move, whatever's wrong I'm coming right now" I could hear his fast paced footsteps through the phone.

"A..and Harry, don't tell my mum yet she doesn't n..nee..d the stress" I said under my breath.

"I won't, don't worry whatever it is we can sort it out, together"

How could he do that, make me smile a little even though my life was falling apart.

~~~

It felt like forever until Harry arrived. I saw a small human outline moving at a fast speed towards me.

"Lucy?" his comforting voice rang through my ears.

I took a deep breath, it hurt my lungs. "Harry!"

Now I could see him I wanted his comfort more and more. The closer he got the more I longed for him to hold me in his arms and protect me.

As he took his final steps towards me he threw himself to his knees next to me. He wrapped a warm blanket he had brought with him around my grazed, goose bump covered shoulders. He sat on the floor, back against the railings of the playgrounds, and pulled me onto his knees. I cried hysterically into his blue huddy. He embrassed me in a tight cuddle allowing me to build the confidence to explain myself.

"Luce" he wiped a tear from under my right eyes "What's happened love?"

My lower jaw trembled as I tried to speak the harsh truth.

"He...This....Man...grabbed...me" I stuttered trying to work my lungs and mouth at the same time.

"I said no...but he didn't..wouldn't..." I looked into Harry's wide eyes that glistened under the street lights.

"What did he do to you baby?" he spoke softly.

"H..he..hee..." I spluttered, tears dripping off my top lip.

"He what? Tell me what this monster did?" he spoke more sternly this time, he needed to know.

"H..he..hee...raped me".

It was silent. Harry was still. He stared at me in total disbelief at what words had spilled from my mouth.

"No! No, NO!" He screamed hitting the palm of his hand against the solid, rocky floor in a fit of anger.

"No, no, noo" his speech soon changed from anger to sorrow.

"I should have been here! with you! Looking after you" Harry said pulling violently at the ends of his beautiful curls "God! I'm so stupid, why wasn't I here for you"

"Harry please" I said loosening his grip "It's not your fault".

He sighed looking at the floor as one perfectly shaped tear rolled down his face.

"Why are you crying?" I sobbed pressing my cold lips against his anger inflamed cheek.

"When something upsets you it upsets me twice as much, I hate to see you sad and this is over the line for me, I just wish I could go back and..." he cried.

"What's done is done. Nothing can change that Harry always remember that and always remember that I'll always love you the same whether you were there or not, what matters is that your here now" I locked my fingers with his as we cried together.

"I'm taking you home" he slowly lifted himself to his feet then turned to help me. Every bone in my body ached as I stood up. I felt lifeless, exhausted. Harry tooked me under his arm and assisting me to walk out of the park and back to my house.

Now we faced an impossible task. Telling my mum and dad without my whole family knowing.

~~~

It's not something you can talk about easily. It hurts having to relive every moment in order to explain what happened. There's not a day goes by I don't think about it even if it's for a few seconds.

You always imagine losing your virginity to someone you truly love, who you trust with everything, who is your soul mate for life. I was almost certain that one day in the future Harry would be the one to do that but as quick as that one night I didn't get to decide who took it. It was stolen from me. One of the biggest decisions in life made without my control.

I went to the doctors immediately to get tests and psychological things cleared up. Harry supported me every step of the way, I don't know what I'd have done without him and that is what I'll always remember about Harry for as long as I live. He comforted me through the rough times, celebrated with me through the happy time and loved me through everything. He was more than a boyfriend. He was my best friend.

Hello guys,

Hoping that wasn't too dramatic for you, I'm sorry this chapter is so depressing but I thought it need something that actually happens in real life and the story needed something to surprise you!

I hope this hasn't put you off the story in any way and if lots of you really don't like it I'll rewrite it with a different storyline.

Love you lots, Lucy :) xx