Chapter Two - 'Awkward'

Without noticing I was staring hard at his soft hand on my quivering shoulder. He looked at it too realising that I was starstruck by his touch. He quickly removed his hand thinking it was upsetting me. I was panicking, I had to speak otherwise he'd think I was weird or was too good to talk to him or something.

"Honestly I'm fine, thank you!" I smiled awkwardly.

"Glad to hear that" he said. We both paused. I was looking at the floor but I could feel his gaze on my half closed eyelids.

"Hey, Can I repay you in any way?"

"Like pay for you and a friend to go for a meal or something?" he said twiddling his thumbs.

"No don't be silly, you don't have to do that" I said trying to cut off the awkward conversation meanwhile trying to cover the patch of orange juice on my uniform.

"No please I want to, I should have been looking where I was going instead of daydreaming like I always do, I was completely in the wrong and I do apologise so you should let me pay for you to go somewhere you deserve it"

He fidgeted with the strap on his school bag as he spoke. After a few more speeches like that I finally agreed for him to pay for me to go somewhere. Yet I had an idea.

"Only if you come to?" I blurted out. I bite my nails nervously.

"Hmm what did you say?" he said surprised expression on his face.

"I mean it's only fair if you come too since you're paying, right?"

"Oh right yeah, so I'll see you on Saturday then"

"Yes, see you round"

"Bye"

"Bye"

As I walked back towards the table where my friends sat I thought about what I had just done.

"What happened to you?" asked one of my friends, Olivia, thinking about it now she was probably implying my stained uniform.

"I think I might be going on a date with Harry?!"

Oh what had I done this was going to be so awkward!

~~~

When I got home from school that day I fell onto my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about the weekend, if I'd been told this would be the situation I'd be in this morning I would have laughed.

I set up my laptop and logged onto facebook and twitter like I always did. I couldn't help myself. I quickly typed in 'Harry Styles' into my facebook search bar. It sounds creepy but I could have stared at his face all night.

His crystal white teeth and his perfect smile. Just then I was interrupted as something popped up on my screen. It was Louis.

He and Harry had been best friends since Harry moved to our school about 2 years ago. They were really close. As I looked down at the message a flush of surprise swept my body.

'Harry wants your number please :) x'

What? He wants MY number! I thought.

'Erm okay it's 07********* x'

Still shaking that Harry wanted to speak to me personally by text I jumped off my bed and did a little victory dance. Noway this was happening.

I text my friend, Eliza,who happened to be Louis's girlfriend.

'Guess who just asked for my number?xxx'

I needed to tell someone about this, I needed to get this off my chest.

I closed down my laptop and put it away. Just then my phone buzzed. I was in the middle of taking off my uniform but there was no rush so I continued. I threw on my neon pink dressing gown, removed my neutral school make-up and pulled my hair up into a messy bun on top of my head. I flicked on the TV and got comfy in bed.

I grabbed my phone and planned what I was going to reply to Eliza. However it wasn't Eliza, it was a text from an unknown number.

HARRY!

'Hey Lucy, I thought we needed to sort out going out on Saturday :) Harry .xx'

I quickly added his name to my contacts, seeing it there made a smile break my lips.

As I read out his text over and over again I imagined it in his voice, his deep manly sexy voice. I repeated it a few more times making my smile bigger and bigger then with that I fell fast asleep.

Hey Guys, I hope you are enjoying the story so far:)

Don't forget to vote or leave a comment about it, tell me did you like it or hate it?

Love Lucy xx