Chapter One - 'This Boy'

The 'Single Life' was really starting to bug me.
Not having someone to cuddle when you need to cry. Not having that someone to show off to everyone you know. Not having that someone who will be the best-est friend you'll ever make. Not having someone that was yours and you were theirs.
When all your friends have serious boyfriends you do feel lonely and unloved and I was fed up. There was one boy though. From my school. Although I'd only spoken to him a few times I felt like I knew him so perfectly. Who was I kidding I was head over heels for this guy. He was everything to me but I don't think he even considers me.
Seeing him talk to other girls or date other girls would kill me literally. I'd feel or sometimes even be sick at the thought. I wanted him, I needed him but I just didn't know if I could have him.

"Hey" I greeted my friend as we walked through the school gates very early Monday morning. It was our first day back to school after an amazing summer holidays. It was also our last year in school and I was made up. 

My friend smiled and yawned. We walked into a noisy classroom, it always was before the Teacher arrived. The whole class looked at us to check we weren't  the teacher then went back to their conversations. We both headed straight over to our other friends. We attended a mixed school so we knew a lot of boys too, all my friends had boyfriends apart from me!  We had our daily chat about boys, hair, make-up etc like every other teenage girl in the world. It was going great till their boyfriends came over.

"Morning Ladies" said Louis, the class clown, with a wink. I didn't pay much attention because I was too busy staring at a friend they'd brought with them. It was that boy. The one I think about everyday and every night.

"So this is Harry" said Louis pointing at him making it awkward. His name rattled through my head. One of my friends gave me a look as she remember that I was crazy about him. A cheesy grin grew on her face.

"What?" I whispered.

"Oh nothing" she said slyly. A feeling of panic spread over my body, I didn't want her to say anything to him. My stomach ached, I felt my cheeks go bright red, I wanted to disappear out of the room, out of the school, out of the country. I buried my head into my school shirt and hoped for the best.

"So you have a girlfriend Harry?" my friend said confidently. My heart sunk, my hearing suddenly become more in focus.

"Erm...no actually I don't" he said. His voice made my knees weak, I'd have fallen over if I hadn't been sitting down. His accent wasn't like mine it was posh and proper, and perfect. I stared at him. I loved how his curls delicately kissed his face and his dimples looked like they were gently carved into his cheeks as he spoke every word. That's when I noticed, I noticed he had spotted me staring at him. My eyes shot straight to the ground as did his. Was he staring at me too?

~~~

At lunch I couldn't stop thinking about this morning. Was he looking at me too? Did he possible, maybe even like me too? These thoughts kept floating around my head so I was finding it hard to concentrate  in class. I dare not tell my friends about it, I could trust them but they wanted to help me get a boyfriend and if they tried it, imagine he didn't like me back. My life would be over! So I sat in silence while everyone ate dinner.

After being nagged by my friends I finally decided to go get something to eat. I dropped my bag and blazer on my seat and joined the back of the line. I had a good view here of the whole canteen. My eyes scanned for my friends' boyfriends' table. There it was, in the back right corner. There was Louis, then Liam who was sat next to Niall and Zayn next to him. But where was Harry? I thought I'd be able to spy on him from here but he wasn't there! Disappointed I turned back to the queue. I grabbed a tray and picked my food.

I started walking back to my table still looking over at Harry's table. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain as my tray slammed into my ribs. I fell back on to my bottom and food and drink went everywhere.

When I opened my eyes I saw the whole canteen surrounding me. I was super embarrassed! There was a big blob of  mayonnaise on my cardigan and orange juice in a puddle on my pinafore so it looked like I'd been the toilet. A teacher asked me if I was alright and I nodded in shame.

"I'm sorry, are you ok?" I heard a voice from above me. I recognised this voice, this accent. I knew exactly who it was.

"Oh yeah I'm fine" I spluttered out as I looked at his beautiful green eyes. He held out his hand and asked if he could help me up. I hesitated at first, could I do it? Could I touch his hand without being overwhelmed and falling back down again. I held my right hand out and he gently pulled me to my feet.

"Gosh you're shaking, are you sure you're alright? I didn't mean to bump into you!" he said looking concerned. Was I really talking to him in a personal conversation?! The only time I'd ever spoken to him before was in a group chat with my friends. My heart was pounding in my chest and I was finding it hard to breathe.

"Are you ok?" he asked touching my shoulder. I realised I hadn't answered his question. But how could I speak to him with his hand on my shoulder, I was in love with him.