Chapter Fifteen - 'The Christmas Tree'

I scrambled up the stairs in my red, pink and brown reindeer pyjamas. I was such a child when it came to Christmas. I gently peeled back my bed covers trying not to wake my sister who was sleeping soundly in her bed not to far from mine. I hated sharing a room with my sister. She was always into my stuff and she was always bringing her friends in to help her.

I crawled onto my mattress and wrapped myself in my warm duvet because I knew as soon as I went to bed the presents could be brought out and the faster I got to sleep the quicker I could have my presents. I'd been wishing and wishing for an iphone that year. I couldn't wait to test it out in the morning.

Snug in my bed I closed my eyes tight telling myself to sleep. Sleep Lucy, go...to...slllleeeppppp....

*BUUUZZZZZZZZZ* My phone sounded waking me. I wasn't sure if it was still night time or morning because my room was still pitch black. I rolled over onto my side and picked up my old phone from next to my bed. The light enitially burnt my eyes as I clicked the blackberry button but my pupils soon adjusted to it showing a picture of me and my boyfriend and a digital time.

'6:07' so it was morning and it was the perfect time to get up on Christmas morning. My blackberry still flashed with a strong red light which would also indicate the same cause as what made the buzzing that woke me. Bringing my phone back up to my face I noticed a little red circle on top of my inbox. I've got a text. I wonder who from...

'6 o'clock, like you told me;) Merry Christmas Love!! xxxxx'

I read as I remembered I'd asked my boyfriend to be my alarm this morning. After replying I slipped my legs off my bed and grew to a standing position. I creeped in the darkness towards my sisters bed.

"Milly, Wake up it's Christmas" I whispered gently rocking her shoulder.

She blinked a few times then she opened her eyes fully.

"Has Santa been?" she said in the loudest whisper you've ever heard. She shot up off her bed and give me a kiss on the cheek. This is the sweetest she's ever been, she's a little monster really.

"Well lets go see then, c'mon" I said grabbing my excited little sister's hand.

 "LOOK" she squealed pointing to a pair of stockings filled with chocolates and a teddy.

"HE HAS BEEN! HE HAS! HE HAS!" she chanted then ran to claim her stocking prize.

After my sister had woken up my parents and we'd opened all our presents I sat on the couch investigating my new iphone. That's right! NEW IPHONE! Ahh you've got to love Santa, right!! Haha

I quickly started downloading the basics; CamWow, Instagram, Temple Run, etc. I was ecstatic with how good it was.

I glanced at the time which was now 12 o'clock. "Oh gosh" I said facepalming. I jumper off the couch and sped up the stairs. I threw off my pyjamas and turned on the shower. I hopped in for a quick body shower then was back out again after 10 minutes.

With a towel wrapped around myself and my head I fell to rest on my bed. Just then I fell into a beautiful flashback.

*Flashback*

"Slowly Harry" I said guiding my boyfriend who carried an enormous box on his shoulders.

"Where shall I put it?" he questioned, his voice straining under the weight.

I ran over and stopped just next to my living room couch, "Here please" I smiled.

He hunched his back as he lowered the box to the ground. He then stretched up, leaning back till his back made a slight cracking noise.