chapter 9

Lexi merezs pov

That night I stayed in my new bed room thinking about what I left behind at la push. I left my aparent mate.  I left my loving family. I left my new friends all because of one thing. A wolf. Paul lahote.

I don't know whether to give William a chance.  I mean I don't even know him that well. But then again we could always get to know each other. 
Knock knock. 

A light knock came from my door.  I looked over at my door and said a quiet come in.

The door opened to reveal him.  William.

"Hey Alexis" He said in his soothing voice as he closed the door and came over to my bed and sat next to me. 

"Hey William" I blushed. Well you would to if a hot guy was sitting extreamly close to you and talking to you.

"So how are you?" He asked trying to break the awkward tension

"I'm good. You?" I asked

"yeah I'm err good" he fumbled with his words

"are you OK William" I asked laying my hand on his cold shoulder he seemed to lean into my hand and he seemed less tense.

"no. I'm not okay" he whispered.

I pulled my hand away from his shoulder and placed it in my lap.

"tell me" I whispered looking straight at him.

"I had a mate. We was together for five months. Then she just left. Mid hunt. That's when she left me. We was hunting together. Humans. And I was about to make my attack when she pulled me to a stop. She told me she doesn't want me. That I'm weak and pathetic. But I could feel her emotions. She was feeling hurt. She felt distraught. I never told her my gift. To feel people's emotions. So she didn't know I knew she was lying. Then Alec came out of no where. He's from the volturi. He claimed that they were mates and took her away from me. That happened 6 years ago. And when I was gonna rip that son of a bitch's head of, Faith, my mate, told me to leave them be. I didn't understand. Her emotions changed to love and adoration towards Alec. Then they both ran of hand in hand. I came back here to see Peter and char. Peter told me something important when I got here. He said that someone's gonna come here and rescue me from my sadness. He said she's different and that I'll meet her by  a lake." he finished looking straight at me. My breath hitched in my throat.

"me?" I squeaked.

"yes.  Your my second chance at love" he said grabbing my face in his own hands.

"I can't be! I just lost my second chance!" I said loudly.

"please! I hate feeling unloved! I can prove to you that you'll be happy!  I will protect you!" he shouted.

I thought about it. He can protect me. He can love me.

"do you promise? promise that you'll look after me. Make me feel loved. protect me. Promise me that?" I said looking into his eyes. 

His face lit up with a beautiful smile.

"Yes. I promise. I'll always protect you. Love you. Look after you." he whispered

"promise?" I said

"I promise" he said leaning in.

I leaned forward and sealed the kiss.

..