Chapter 11 My Lesbian Future

Three weeks of dating Marionette.  

Trust me, it's been fun dating her, but everything is filling up my plate now.  Dating Marionette Talon is just like an extra piece of food on my plate.  Not unwanted, but just stressful.  Anyway, I was basically hiding from my mom that I was lesbian and that I was being cyber bullied and I was dating someone for three weeks.  Also, I still had to deal with Dinah Colby.  Stress, stress, stress!

On November tenth is when it happened.  Ring, ring, ring!   I sat up groggily as I shoved the sheets off of me, hitting the snooze button on my I-phone.  Gosh, why did I have to go to school that day?  I slumped back down into my pillow.   Just five more minutes...

"Megan!  Megan!  Wake up!" Mom hollered, "It's half past seven!"  I shot out of my bed like a rocket.  Half past seven?  School starts at eight fifteen!  I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, a white blouse and a blue cardigan.  Jamming socks onto my feet, I rushed to the bathroom, only to find it occupied, by Dylan.  "Dylan, c'mon!" I urged, "I'm gonna be late!"

"Just applying my concealer!"

"Hurry up!"

"Okay, okay!  Almost done-"

"Great!" I sighed, slumping against the wall, "Maybe I won't be late!"

"No, that was just the concealer.  Now it's time for the eyeshadow!"

"Aaaargh!"

I did manage to get to school.  But, I was twenty minutes late.  Well, I did have an excuse, I guess.  I mean, I have a pathetically slow sister and I had to walk through the pouring November  rain all by myself, so yeah.  No one should have be mad at me.  Mrs. Isselton shouldn't have reminded the whole class when I arrived in homeroom with my white slip of paper, my late slip, that it only takes ten late slips to get at detention.  Then, it was off to art class with all of us.  Today was an art day and art, being my only escape from the clutches of reality, made me feel like today would be better than it had started out to be.

Okay, okay, art class was horrible as well, because November tenth is an awful day.  I spilt paint on my new white T-shirt, which really, truly sucked.  "Is she trying to be rainbow for lesbians?" I heard Peter snicker behind my shoulder as I was squirming in the long line of people waiting to ask the art teacher something (I was asking to clean my shirt).  I sighed moodily.  Why does Dinah have to ruin my life everywhere?

In between classes I whipped out my I-phone.  I went on Snap Chat,  and saw another rude image with me stealing a Disney Princess from a Disney Prince, falling in love with her on Dinah's account.  As cheesy as it might seem, the image still stung.  On Instagram, you could guess the pattern.  Lesbian insults flying around in my head.  Why did I even bother checking?  Why did I even bother dating Marionette?  Ever since I told her that I liked her, it's like she's been stalking me!  Stalking!  Creepy.  

Facebook had the worst posts I've ever seen in my life.  Dinah had put up the most unspeakable gay and lesbian insults ever!  Even though this event is in the past, I still don't want to say the horrible words.  "I can't..." I whispered, a hard lump forming in my throat, "I can't live like this.  I have to stop being lesbian."

"Planning on breaking up with your girl, you woebegone lesbian?"  I lifted my head up to see Dinah leaning against a locker, a smug, Cheshire Cat like smile across her face.  I was fuming.  "You flipp'in psychopath!" I yelled and students turned to stare, "You think you can ruin people's lives just because they're lesbian?  Lesbians are-"

"Disgusting freaks of society." Dinah interrupted boldly, giggling a bit.

"You listen carefully," I stepped towards Dinah and balled my fists, "Dinah, take down all your web pages.  Get rid of those lesbian insults about me.  While you're at it, do the same for Ember, too.  Or else I'll tell Mrs. MacKenzie and Principal Dargok." 

Dinah paled and for a second, one glorious second I thought I had beaten my bully.  Then, she smirked, and said coldly, "Then, if you do that, I'll tell your mother."  I could only stare as she stalked away cooly, like I never gave her a threat.  Either way, I would lose.  

I stood stupidly in front of the doors of the cafeteria.  Marionette would want me to sit with her, but I can't, I thought, I can't let Dinah hurt me anymore.  It was only a short time of dating Marionette, I decided, if I break up with her, Dinah will lose ideas and get in trouble, and Marionette, Ember and I would live happily ever after!  But, how would Marionette feel?  I bit my lip nervously as I determined my next move.  "Going in?" I heard someone say and I saw a bunch of students trying to worm their way past me and into the cafeteria.  "Oops!" I quietly replied, and darted in.

As I entered, I immediantly saw Marionette Talon, sitting in an empty table, obviously saving a seat for me.  I gulped.  Choking down the hard lump in my throat, I inched nervously past Dinah's table group, seeing Dinah out of the corner of my eye, giving me another smug, Cheshire Cat smile.  Leave me alone!  I yelled at her in my head.  "Megan!"  I whirled around to see Marionette, waving her hand like there was no problem at all in her life.  "Come sit with me!" Marionette called.

"Um, okay." I scuttled over there and allowed my hair to cover my face, as if it were a barrier or a disguise.  Marionette turned her head to the side and looked at me, brown eyes twinkling with worry.  "What's the matter, Meg?  You seem upset."

I blinked many times. This was it.  It's either I break up with her or I don't.  My final decisions now.  "Marionette," I began, and my eyes began to mist, "I'm going to have to break up with you."

"What?  Why?" Marionette cried, bewildered, "Did your Mom tell you to?"

I shook my head as a small tear slid down my nose.

"Are you being threatened?" Marionette asked.

Again, I shook my head, trembling with sadness.

"Are you ashamed?" Marionette asked in a cold tone I never heard her use before, "Ashamed that you're dating me?"

I nodded miserably, closing my eyes, hoping for a miracle of some kind sometime soon.

"Well, alright." Marionette stood up and grabbed her stuff abruptly, "You don't have to worry about that, Megan Gabriella Maxwell, because I break up with you."

And with that, my now ex-girlfriend exited the cafeteria and stormed through the hallway and out of sight.

Never have I ever felt so alone.