Chapter 5

A loud thwack echoed throughout the room, Xenia had tears of anger falling out of her eyes.

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" She screamed at him, in pure anger. Lucas rubbed his cheek, damn, she had a strong hit.

"Get out!" She yelled, trying to push him out of the apartment. Lucas stumbled out of the apartment as he tried to process what had happened. He was a D'arcy, and being a D'arcy meant that he was used to girls falling at his feet, not this. This angered Lucas, his ego had been attacked.

This bitch, I'm going to make her fall for me, fall hard, she'll beg me and then I'll crush her, I'll end her fucking heart

______________________

"Hey, open up." Adam softly said, knocking on Xenia's door. He looked back at Charlie, giving him a sad look.

"She hasn't come out since last night, ever since that brother of yours came down here. She didn't even go to work." Charlie said. Adam sighed, before trying once again and no response came. He had no idea what Lucas had said or did since he also left straight away and wasn't responding to his calls or texts.

"Let's just give her some space." Adam concluded, walking away from the door.

__________________________________

Xenia existed her room, making her way to the bathroom, and she noticed that Charlie wasn't around. She made her way into the kitchen, to find a yellow sticky note on the fridge.

I've been called to work, I'm bringing some of your favourite Indian later tonight !

Xenia smiled, she knew that she was truly blessed to have such a great friend like Charlie. He was like a sibling to her, a sibling she never had. Due to the events of last night, she had taken a sick leave from work, not feeling entirely happy or anything.

__________________

"Yeah, red roses, Yes, her address is, yes, send them before that clown gets there." Lucas spoke to Jenny, his mother's assistant. He hung up the phone and relaxed further back into the chain, placing his hands behind his head. The door to his office opened and Adam walked in, mildly pissed 

"What did you say to her?" He asked, leaning his hands on the desk. The only reason Lucas was here was that he had done a business management degree and had graduated university in 3 years, whereas Adam's medicine degree was 7 years long. Lucas was only a year younger than Adam himself. 

"Relax, I've sorted it out, don't you have to go and study?" He replied, getting up and putting his blazer on, before making his way out, down to the garage where his precious Porsche 911 was parked. 

_________________

"Coming!" Xenia yelled, as she quickly put the washing in the machine and made her way out towards the door. She opened the door, and was greeted by an old man.

"Hello dear, would you be able to help me? I lost my keys and the elevator is broken and my old bones cannot bare going down the 6 flights of stairs again. Could you please go down to the front desk please?" He asked. Xenia nodded, noticing his old age and she recognised him, so what would be the harm. 

"Sure, just wait a minute, I'll be back soon!" She said, gently closing the door and making her way down the stairs. She finally got downstairs, and grabbed the spare keys from the desk for the old man and made her way up again, but much slower this time. Xenia mentally cursed herself for not keeping fit as these stairs were seeming like a challenge for her to climb. 

She finally made her way to the 6th floor and handed the man his keys. 

"Thank you so much dear." He smiled, patting her head and went off to his apartment. Xenia wiped the sweat off her forehead and entered her apartment, only to be shocked by what she saw. She instantly started sneezing, her allergies to pollen coming out. 

The entire room was covered in red roses. Bouquets of red roses in the fanciest vases she had ever seen covered the table and kitchen counters. Rose petals covered the floor. This was awful, as she scratched her arms which were bright red.Xenia quickly looked and tensed up. What if there was a psycho murder in the house? 

She carefully made her way into the kitchen, grabbing a knife from the drawer, just to be safe, and made her way throughout the whole house. After a careful inspection and a couple of scares, she found nothing, nothing but a massive envelop that lay on her bed. she carefully opened it, putting her knife on her bed and out came a massive red card. She opened it. 

"Hey princess, I'm really sorry about last night, thought we really seem to hit off - seriously - so why not give us another shot?     - Lucas D'arcy" 

She instantly groaned upon reading the card and threw it back on to the floor. This was going to be a pain to clean she thoughts, followed by more sneezes. This guy was hell bent on making her life miserable. 

_________________________

Lucas knocked on the door, a massive bouquets of roses in his hands. The door began to open and he quickly pulled the roses in front of his face, completely hiding from the view. 

"What do you want?" Xenia sourly said, knowing it was him. 

"I'm sorry." He mumbled back, he needed to do this, in the end, it was going to be him with the upper hand. 

"Get lost." She replied and Lucas removed the roses from in front of his face. Xenia studied his face carefully. Bright blue eyes, brown hair, a sharp jawline. He was near as good looking as Marcus. 

"Please, let me take you to dinner." He smiled. 

"No way." Xenia said, followed by more sneezes. 

"Then let me in?" He asked. Xenia thought about it for a moment, majority of the house was still covered in flowers, and what better way to clean up the mess than getting the one who caused it to clean it up? 

"Come in." She sighed, opening the door and letting him in. Lucas looked around, proud of his handiwork, only for Xenia to shove a broom in his hand. 

"Clean." She ordered, as she went back to picking up the petals from the couch and tables. Lucas groaned and began sweeping, this angered him even more but he knew that it won't be long. She'd be the one sweeping up broken pieces of her heart.