2: "emergency: you're my boyfriend. - part i"

in which Tom pretends to be Taylor's boyfriend for a day.

-

Tom

Today was supposed to be a normal day.

Well, at least for me. I've been hoping to have a free week all by myself before filming Thor : Ragnarok. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and I love playing Loki since I believe he is a very exploitive character, but I do need a whole week of everything 'me' before plunging into the world of acting again for like, another few months.

So I guess that all changed when I got a phone call by the one and only Taylor Swift.

I met Taylor not so long ago at the MET Gala's a few weeks ago, when she brought me up to dance to lighten things up because she said 'no one ever gets up and dance during this kind of situation', and I'd have to admit that I was head-over-heels for her and she was one of the most beautiful and remarkable woman that I've ever met. There. I almost felt as if I wasn't worthy enough to actually talk to her in person.

So here I was, in my hotel at New York not quite far from Taylor's apartment, questioning my life decisions as my phone continuously rang at the top of the table, the 'Shake It Off' instrumental playing, showing the name 'Taylor' at the screen. I cleared my throat. Should I answer it? Should I pretend that it doesn't exist?

Just answer the goddamn phone, Tommy.

"Hello?" My voice croaked, I try to sound as normal as I could.

"Tom, thank god you answered." Taylor sounded as if she was in distress, but I could hear a tint of joy in her voice, probably because I was the first person who'd answer her distress call. "Are you in town? In New York?"

"Well, yeah I am." And now I'm questioning what's she was trying to imply.

"Are you free?"

"Yes, yes I am." I stood up from my seat recklessly and accidentally hit my laptop. "Sorry," I mutter. Wait, why did I say sorry to a goddamn laptop?

"Thank you! I need your help right now." She sighed in relief, I could hear faint noises of water boiling right from the other side. "Emergency: you're my boyfriend."

And in that moment, I swear,

I was paralyzed.

"T-t-that escalated quickly," I stuttered, not able to control my emotions. Was she asking me out? Wasn't I supposed to be the one asking her out? Do they do things differently in America?

She realized what she just said and immediately snapped out of it. "No, I don't mean it that way, I just need you to be my current 'boyfriend' in tonight's family dinner." I could hear pans clinging and Taylor swore to herself. "Not much really, I told my whole family that I am now dating someone from Europe, handsome, tall, all those stuff."

".. Isn't that how you described Adam?" I asked. I remember the conversation we had during the MET Gala's, I accidentally brought the dating topic and she was okay about it. She explained about how happy she was with Adam, A.K.A Calvin Harris, and how it was as if she was living in a fairytale. I was so happy for her, as she really did deserve it.

"We broke up." Taylor said shortly as if it was something normal, but I could hear a tiny bit of sadness in her voice. "But that doesn't matter. You're European, you're tall, you're handsome, you're talented-- that's all boyfriend material."