5: "i honestly don't know who tim mcgraw is."

Tom gives Taylor a surprise present at the 10th anniversary of her first single, Tim McGraw.

#10yearsoftaylorswift
-

Taylor

"Wake up!" Someone bantered from the side of the bed, the clinging voice inside my head went louder. I groaned in frustration.

"I'm up!" I woke up from my sleep with clear uneasiness to see Tom at the side of the bed with his shirt rolled over. "What's with you with waking me up early?" I stood up from my bed, still having a hard time keeping my balance because somebody just ruined my beauty sleep.

"I like waking you up early," He came to my side of the bed to give me a kiss on the forehead, something he always does every morning. "Come on, I made breakfast."

"Since when did you make breakfast?" I snickered as I followed his step and went downstairs, gazing at his every move.

He turned around and looked at me as if I just scribbled it down his shirt. ".. You seriously don't know, don't you?"

"Don't have any clue." I skipped a few steps and tangled his muscular hand like a koala.

Tom has now treated my apartment as if it was his own house. He knew every bit and every room, I bet he memorized them much more than I do. He was insecure at first, knowing that it was the room of the most 'powerful' woman in New York, but once he got to know me better, he became much more adapted to the metropolis nature in New York that he treated it like his home, and that -- for no reason -- makes me very happy.

But another thing about living with Tom is he never makes breakfast. Ever. He's really good at cooking, but he does it occasionally, since he said that he didn't want to get 'bored' of doing it or doing it too much could actually 'spoil' the eagerness, whatever that means. So when he said he made breakfast today, that is completely, definitely not normal. I didn't had any clue what he was implying to.

"I made you hot chocolate and prepared you the All-American breakfast." He smirked once I reached the dining room and opened the tray to reveal the so-called special breakfast he made. A beautiful handmade bacon and eggs sat at the plate, so perfectly sculptured, and a mug of hot chocolate standing at the other side, still warm and fuzzy.

I giggled and sat down. "This is all.. Tempting." I took a sip of the hot chocolate and let me tell you, it was completely delicious and was the best hot chocolate that I've ever tasted. I didn't want to give off compliments straight from my mouth because I know that could rise up his ego and that's not what I want to do right now. So I stayed calm and asked Tom, who was sitting at the corner of the window, a normal question. "So,  when are you going to tell me what's all this about?"

He looked at me slyly and gestured at the mug of hot chocolate that I was holding. "Look down."

I did what I was told and looked down to see two marshmallows at the top of the beverage. Both of the marshmallow resembled a number. "0..1?" I mumbled curiously. "What's with 01?"

"Oh shit," he cursed under his breath and got closer to me to examine the beverage. "It's supposed to be 10, not 01. I messed up the structure, my bad." He corrected, his face was turning red from embarrassment.

I laughed along with him, but I still didn't really get what he was trying to say. "10.. As in..?"

He grunts in disbelief. "Come on, you seriously don't know?"

I shrugged. "Well nothing's really coming out of my head right now so I guess you should really tell me before I burst out with random theories."

He clicked his tongue. "Okay, I'm going to do this much more easier." He went back to the living room to take a printed mask of a person's face. He immediately wore it once he snatched it from the sofa and showed it to me.

It was a picture of Tim McGraw.

Tim McGraw. My first single.

10 years.

10.

He took off the mask and smiled redundantly. "You get it now?"

I nodded, my hands are still surrounding the mug of the hot chocolate.

He took a necklace from his pocket. He helped me wear it by tying it from the back of my neck. I noticed that it was a small keychain with the letter 'T' on it. I looked at him plainly. "T as in for Tom."

"Taylor, Tom, Tim, doesn't matter." He went back to me and kneeled in front of me. He held my hands and intertwined our fingers. "Look, I know that I wasn't there from the beginning, and I know that I wasn't even your biggest fan back in 2006, and I didn't even know your name--" he cupped my cheek with his right hand. "But I just want to assure you, my love, my Taylor, that I'm here for you now and for your career and I vow to keep you happy as long as this necklace is still at your possession." He cupped my other cheek with his other hand. "I love you, Taylor Alison Swift, may your 10 years be long remembered, and may we enjoy the next 10 years together."

I was speechless. I gazed through his blue eyes that looked like the Mediterranean Sea. With no doubt, I bent down and hugged him as tightly as I could, enraging with happiness that filled my heart. I was lucky, too lucky, to have him by my side and I've never been so grateful, never been so entirely grateful for these beautiful 10 years.

"And Taylor?" He muffled through my hair.

"Hm?"

"I honestly don't know who Tim McGraw is."

-

Short one, but really meaningful.
Happy 10th anniversary to Taytay's first single, Tim McGraw. I've might not been there since the start, but I'll always be supporting her til' the end.

So I came up with the decision to post one one-shot every week instead of every day because I'm scared I'd lose ideas that fast cx so i hope you like this one and don't forget to leave a vote and a comment!  

- Sia