9: "you are my sunshine.. - part ii"

part 2 of this oneshot was highly requested by you guys, so I decided to make it c:

Some of these scenes are inspired by Sherlock. Yup, love that series sm.

Tom's point of view;;

-

Taylor Alison Swift died at Mount Sinai Hospital, New York.

Her death was peaceful. Her lips were curled up into a smile. She was ready to let go of the world, of her family, of everything. At the end, when everything was over, she knew, that the only thing that she could do now was to let go.

Too bad I couldn't do the same.

Her family wanted her funeral to be as peaceful as her departure. Although the world was freaking out over the fact that Taylor Swift is now gone and her fans are currently awaiting for other news, I noticed that they realize what they had to do now was to wait and not to disturb her relatives and her friends who are still breaking down after the horrible news. I, on the other hand, liked how they cared so much about Taylor, and that their love and support helped me to keep going after a devastating week.

The world was mourning over the death of a queen.

I didn't had the power to give a speech at her funeral. I was scared I'd mess up and disappoint her family. I didn't even had the guts to say anything during the ceremony, let alone giving a speech. Fortunately, Andrea understood my condition and she didn't force me to give a speech. It was also refreshing to listen Selena's speech, and to see Taylor in a different perspective. She explained about how Taylor was always so good on hiding feelings, something that she was bad at. I noticed that she tried so hard not to cry in front of everyone. When she finished, I came over to give her a hug with some of Taylor's friends while she cried her eyes out. I knew that she had been holding the tears ever since Taylor's death, and she wanted to be the one who was strong enough to cheer up the ones who were grieving, but at the end, she knew she had to live up with the sheer fact that her best friend is now gone.

A few weeks after the funeral turned out okay. Selena continued her worldwide tour, while adding Taylor's 'Love Story' to the tour's track list as a tribute for her. Abigail spent her time planning her wedding, which was a little bit hard since her 'Maid of Honor' was now gone and now she had to pick another one. Karlie and Gigi continued their career as a model. Ed has been talking to me frequently these few days, for he wanted to write a song dedicated to her and he needed my help for the lyrics (since he said I was 'Shakespeare-ly poetic').

What about me? Well, for starters, I had to delay my shooting for Thor in Australia so that I could help the Swift family after experiencing such aftermath. Although Taylor and I never did became a 'thing', I did consider them as my second family, and the Marvel producers really understood that. I also needed the time to ponder after all the things that happened. I have been so mortally invested towards this beautiful woman that I never knew she'd be gone that fast.

So here I am, precisely a month after her death, sitting in a small cafe in Gold Coast after a long day filming. Usually I immediately get back to my apartment after a long day of work, but today was different. Karlie wanted to visit me, since coincidentally she had a photoshoot in Gold Coast, and that we haven't spoken to each other ever since the funeral. I thought it was nice to talk to her again after a long time, since she was the first person who acknowledged me when I started dating Taylor.

"Hey," she said with a smile as she went towards my table. I smiled back and gave her a friendly hug. We then sat back down and ordered some coffee while she started the conversation. "How are you?"