14: "you weren't there."

In which Taylor waited for Tom in Madison Square Garden and which he never really did appear.

Caution: major feels ahead ⚡️⚡️

-

Tom, where are you?

Message sent

The concerned blonde held her phone tightly close to her as she reminisced the flickering lights of Madison Square Garden. An ocean of people crowded the infamous street, variously from upstate New Yorkers to heavily confused tourists.

Taylor Swift wasn't all about celebrations. She has gotten used to the fact that she is now living in New York, and the thought of kissing in Madison Square Garden during New Year's Eve wasn't all that extraordinary anymore. It was almost as if she forgot how it felt to be excited for something.

But that changed when she met Tom. Thomas William Hiddleston, the man of elaborate honour. A man of respect and sincerity, the man that she loved so dearly. Strings of lovers and she never felt so attached by someone but him. Him, the British god that could steal your heart in seconds yet with manners and prosperity. Tom Hiddleston might be one of the best things that ever happened to her,

And she was his.

Tom? You're starting to worry me.

Message sent

Although Tom was severely considered as someone of royalty, he did has his exceptions. The Brit could change from a professional heart stealer to a enthusiastic five year old in seconds when he talks about Taylor. Taylor, the man of his dreams. Taylor, one of the most despised yet powerful woman of the music industry, yet he still could talk about her with reddened cheeks as if she was his highschool crush. A lot of people try to warn him about such 'snake', but he didn't bother to listen. They were so in love, it was as if it was Tom and Taylor against the rest of the world.

I hope you'll arrive safe, my love.

Message sent

Other than talking about her, there was also one thing Tom was very fond of. The brightest city in the world, New York City. As someone who spent half his lifetime in London, being able to be in Madison Square Garden is surely something he has never done and something he wants to do, especially with the woman of his dreams. Tom's determination led the very skeptical Taylor to revived excitement that she hasn't felt for years. Tom really did bring out the woman she used to be when she first arrived at New York.

A kiss when the clock strikes twelve. That's what he always wanted, and Taylor listened. Taylor remembered.

But when it comes the time, he wasn't there.

The Brit was called back to London for some kind of a convention by his publicist, and he certainly can't say no. He convinced her that he'll be back before a blink of an eye, but sadly there were so much work to do that sadly he got carried away and had to stay much longer.

The background music was getting louder,  but all she could hear was distorted hums that were getting nowhere. People come and go, some came to ask what's wrong with her because it is new for Taylor Swift to be daft in time for New Year's Eve. She was always so bubbly and chattery, at least that's what people remembered of her.

Incoming call from Tom

Startled Taylor didn't think twice and immediately took the call. Her heart beat faster than it used to, cold sweat started forming on her forehead, crystallizing the cold winter sky.

"Hello?" A voice croaked, Tom's deep voice was indescribable. It was full of frustration, conscience and fear.

"Tom, are you okay?" Taylor's throat tightened. "You haven't answered my calls, did something happen? Are you alright?"

Deep breath. "Taylor, I don't think I'm going to last long." Tom shuddered.

"What?"

"The plane, the oxygen's failing. It's falling out the sky. The pilot's injured, i.." Tom whimpered. "Look, I know you'll be able to tell people, I know you'll be able to tell where we're about to crash -- Taylor, we're in the middle of the sea, Pacific Ocean, the coordinates are already connected to this phone call."

"Tom stop messing with me-"

"I am serious, Taylor." His voice was tense and restless. He took a breath. "I hear background music. A countdown from your place."

Taylor was so paralyzed that she didn't notice that the countdown has started. "Yeah. Madison Square, just like you always wanted."

"I should be keeping you from the cold by now."

"You should be alive."

Long pause. Tom chuckled. "Great, I'm going to die and I have nothing witty to say."

Taylor laughed. Tears started forming on her eyes. Her hands were trembling like crazy. "Tom, I.."

Five, four,

"What?"

Three, two,

"I love you." Taylor blurred out. "Please know that."

She could feel Tom smiling on the other side. "Quite right too. And I suppose, if it's the last time to say it.. Taylor-"

One.

The call ended.

—-—