Chapter 12

(Edited 1 Feb. 2017)

Jayn's P.O.V.

*beep*

I wake up to the sound of my alarm, it's 5 in the morning. As much as I hate waking up on a Sunday, going for a walk at this time is something I love to do.

After changing into a baggy sweater and some sweatpants, I grab my phone and walk out of my house.

The air is absolutely refreshing and I am more than happy to be able to clear my head and just enjoy my pre-sunrise morning walk.

I suddenly bump into someone and drop my ear buds to the ground.

"Sorry! I'm sorry I didn't see you-" I look up to see a tall guy chuckling down at me. "Harry?"

"Good morning,"

"Good morning, what are you doing here?" I put my ear buds in my pocket.

He shrugs, "I usually walk around at this time,"

"Me too, it's probably the only time when New York is quite and peaceful." I sigh.

A loud, loud, horn goes off and a car speeds by us.

Guess I'm wrong.

Harry raises an eyebrow at me and I just roll my eyes.

I walk past him and he follows right after.

"Where are you heading?"

I point at a little cliff. "I go there to watch sunrise, wanna check it out?"

"Sure,"

A few minutes later, we find ourselves sitting on the edge of the cliff, talking about random stuff.

"Did you ever keep a journal when you were a kid?" Harry turns his head and smiles at me,

"I did, I actually kept about three," I chuckle shaking my head.

"Really? Why three?"

"I don't know," I shrug. "Guess I liked to express my feelings through writing. But not like, normal writing."

He knits his eyebrows together, "then how?"

"I used to write scripts, scenes, things like that."

"So.. writing?"

"If that's linked to movies or shows.. yeah.." I smile to myself.

"I can see you as an actor." He nudges me with his elbows, i laugh.

"Oh yeah?"

"Tottaly. Just Imagine it, Premieres, Red carpets, millions of fans screaming your name.."

"I don't really care about fame. I just want to change something, you know?"

He smiles at me, "Like what?"

"I don't care. I just want to make a difference. I have never been impressed by the heroics of people convinced they are about to change the world. I am more awed by those who struggle to make one small difference." I smile to myself.

"You think you can do that?"

"And why not? There is nothing anyone could ever say to convince me that one person cannot change a nation. One person can do unbelievable things. All it takes is one person who's willing to risk everything to make it happen."

"You really think you can make a change?" He asks, not a hint of sarcasm or judgment in his voice. Just curiosity.

"If we change our thoughts from 'it's too late' to, 'there's still hope', we might see some change in this world. So yeah. I believe I might be able to."