Date Night

Matt called when I was choosing my outfit. I was ready to rip his head off, by the time he cut the phone. Then, he texted me the place. It was some circle. Sarah heard the name and frowned. She told me to get a taxi and she would do the explaining. I boarded the taxi and Sarah told the driver about the place.

When I reached the circle, I was ready to drop. Matt was in his ripped denim jeans with a plain grey t-shirt.

He saw me and walked towards me,'Hey!'

I didn't speak as my eyes travelled to his midriff.

He saw me staring and said,'Hello? I know I'm damn hot. But Libby back to Earth?'

'Shut up Matt. Sarah was so weird when I told her about the date.'

He looked angry for a second and then grinned. 'She was!? Nah, I'm too good. Anyway, lets take you to the special place.'

'Well it's only special if there's music,' I said.

He said, 'My choice is a bit different. But, hop on.'

I suddenly noticed the sleek blue Jaguar car beside him. I opened and closed my mouth like a fish.

He smiled and said, 'If Sarah was worried she'd have told about my awesomeness? Me and my dad, we are not millionaires, my mom is.'

He stopped and gave a sad sigh. Then he suddenly lit up again and smiled,'Well, what are we waiting for? Get in!'

The car was every piece of luxury that existed. It has a mini bar, a lot of leg space, you name it.

It was a great thing that we were in it for a long time (2 hours approximately). We stopped outside some 7-star restaurant. I frowned since I hadn't dressed appropriately. Matt told me to chill. He told the driver to park the "Jag".

He then took my hand. Instead of getting into the restaurant, he took me to the woods behind it.

[play the song now]

There, I had my breath sucked out of my lungs. There was a huge lake, surrounded with tall trees. It was incidentally a full moon night. The moon shone on the crystal clear water. The stars above our heads twinkled. The dark pines loomed over us. I had never felt more alive.

There was a checkered red and white mat beside the lake. The other things were equally pleasant. There were two jute baskets next to each other. Each had a red ribbon tied on it. There was a big cake in the middle. Four beer bottles stood with the cake. On the left corner, there was a packet.

He suddenly said sheepishly,'So.. Do you like it?'

I wanted to say, 'You drive a Jaguar to this place. That's really normal.'
But I didn't want to spoil the mood. Instead I said, 'No.'

'Oh,' his jaw muscles tightened as he looked down.

'I love it.'

He smiled and it felt like the best thing in the world. My heart fluttered as he came closer to me. It kept thudding crazily till he was too close to me. Our lips locked. It was a passionate kiss. When things became a bit more heated, I pulled away slowly.

I whispered softly,'This may seem too soon, but I think I like you.'

'Like me? That's weird. Cause, I think I like you too,' he laughed.

Suddenly the tension between us was gone. We were the old Libby and Matt again. I said, 'God, I'm hungry. What'd you bring?'

'Nothing much. Cold ham, scrambled eggs..' He must have seen the horrified expression on my face.