Breakfast at Sarah's

Waking up, I realised that we had slept at Sarah's place. Popcorn pieces were spilled all over the floor. I looked and saw that all four of us had managed to sleep on the sofa-bed together. I was the first one to wake up. I checked my watch. It was 7 AM. I was surprised at myself for waking up so early.

I silently crept out of bed, making sure nobody woke up. I went into Sarah's kitchen and started searching for things that could be used in making the breakfast.

I finally found all the ingredients. But I wanted the breakfast to be better. So I went to my place and brought a few more things. What I made looked decent, and so, I made more. I kept making the food till it was enough for us all.

By the time I finished, it was 7:45 AM, and Sarah had woken up.

'Hey,' she smiled sleepily.

'Woah!' Her eyes widened at the sight of breakfast.

'Hey! I just thought I would make something, you know? You think it's good enough?' I asked.

'Good enough? Libby, it's amazing! Did you bring stuff from your house?' Sarah said excitedly.

'Yup,' I said.

Matt and Frank walked out together.

'Woah, woah, woah!' Frank said. 'What have the girls been up to?'

'Singular, it was all Lib,' Sarah smiled.

Matt stared at me. 'You never make breakfast at my place! You're making it next time! I mean, blueberry pancakes, coffee, mini pizzas, fruit salad, mango mousse, boiled eggs and chicken-ham sandwich. Wow! This looks so good!'

'What're we waiting for? Let's dig in!' Frank shouted the battle cry.

All of us hungrily ate up everything.

Frank burped loudly.

'Frank!' Sarah exclaimed while Matt and I started laughing.

'What?' Frank asked innocently. 'The food landed in my tummy,' he patted his stomach, 'and a sound due to the vibration of molecules was produced.'

Sarah shook her head and muttered something like 'unbelievable'.

'But,' Frank continued, 'you have to admit that Libby is helluva cook!'

I smiled at him and said, 'Thanks.'

'Wonder where the talent comes from,' Matt said. 'Mom?'

'Ex,' I replied curtly.

'Ouch, sorry!' Matt quickly apologised.

'It's alright,' I said forcing a smile.

Suddenly Sarah erupted. 'Guys! It's Sunday! Let's go to the park!'

'Oh my lord, Sarah! What are you? Five?' Frank groaned. 'I'm so sick of all this.'

'Oh yeah? Guess what? So am I!' Sarah raised her voice.

'Wow!' Frank faked astonishment. 'You actually feel something.'

Sarah opened her mouth to say something but I stepped in.

'You two,' I said, 'have serious anger issues. But, you need to calm down.'

'For our sake,' I quickly added when I saw Frank glare at Sarah.

'Okay,' Sarah muttered.

'So, I'm going to clear up. Sarah, give me a hand, will you?' I said.

'Yup,' said Sarah.

Matt took Frank in to play video games.

----------------------------------------------------------–-------------------------