Back to NYC

Matt carried me to the backseat of the van and sat with me. The guard sat at the front on the driver's seat. There was a separation of the driver's and passengers' seat. It was separated by a tinted glass. So, the driver would not have a clue about what was going on in the passenger's seat. The normal windows were tinted.
The guard hit the ignition quickly.
The tinted glass was a relief since I would be able to sit and not pretend to be dead or something.
'Matt, are you sure this is gonna work?' I asked.
'Are ya kidding me? It's ALREADY worked!'
'Nope, it just got started.'
'Shouldn't we get started?'
'With what?'
'You know what,' Matt said with a grin.
'Actually,' I said feeling wary of Max, 'I don't.'
'Well, we should start having...'
I held my breath.
'—a conversation!'
I let out a sigh.
'What did you think, Lib?' Matt  gave an exaggerated frown.
'Nothing.'
'You sure?' he said with a smirk.
'110%' I replied equally cheekily.
The van suddenly stopped and I lied down almost immediately. Matt knocked on the separator and asked, 'Yo, what happened? We're in a hurry!'
'The petrol is running low. We won't make it to a hospital,' answered the driver.
Matt punched the seat in frustration.
'Will we make it to NYC's outer area?'
'Think so.'
'That'll suffice. Now GO!'
The next five minutes passed in silence.
I was worried. We would have to catch a taxi and go back to our flats. I was also supposedly unconscious that meant Matt would have to carry me. Again. I still wasn't comfortable with this.
My thoughts were interrupted by Matt.
'Hey.'
'Hey,' I said.
'Um, this is really awkward, but are we, like, seeing each other now?' Matt asked.
'You mean dating?'
'I guess,' Matt said.
He was so insecure.
'Yeah, totally!' I smiled and then said in a more serious tone, 'Unless you want something else, I mean.'
'What? No! I mean I am happy that we are together now.'
'Good.'
'Lib,' Matt said.
'Yeah?' I asked.
'Remember about me opening up to you over coffee?'
'Uh huh,' I said cautiously.
'How 'bout we have that cup of coffee day on Friday?'
'Sure,' I smiled. 'Take your time, Matt. We just met.'
'Yeah, I know. But it's like I've known you forever. I don't want to hide anything from you Libby, I want to share everything with you. We shall have no secrets from each other. Okay?'
His words really touched me. I knew right then that he was the one for me.
I knew I would be willing to go through all hardships with him, no matter what. This time, it was different, I wanted us to last.
'Thank you, Matt. It means a lot,' I genuinely said.
I decided that if Matt could open up, so could I. I decided to tell him about Nate over that cup of coffee.
Damn, that coffee was going to taste quite bitter with all our darkest feelings, thoughts and incidents coming out.
The conversation that followed was comparatively lighter and funny. Matt joked around telling me weird puns. I was trying to be equally funny by telling him about my school teachers and other stupid friends.
When the van came to halt again, we knew that we had run out of petrol. But, the good news was that we were inside New York City even though getting a taxi in that area would be difficult.
Matt assured the driver that I would be fine and sent him to the nearest gas station.
And Matt also managed to carry me for this whole period of time.
As soon as the driver was out of the sight, Matt nearly dropped me.
I thankfully balanced myself and landed on my knees instead of face.
I punched Matt of his arm for this.
'What the—'
Oh, don't you dare swear now!' I nearly roared.
'Okay, okay, I'm sorry!' he said , throwing his hands up in the air. 'I should've said something before!'
'Damn right you should have!' I said. 'But, I forgive you,' I smirked.
Matt sighed and said with a gleam in his eyes, 'Ready to go back home?'
'Like I said before,' I sighed, 'whenever you are.'
________________________

Matt and I caught a taxi which took us straight back home. After dropping me off, Matt went on to his mom's penthouse to apologise to her for not showing up. I wished him best of luck and went inside my building.
I was too tired to talk to Sarah just then and went off straight to my flat. I always made my bed in the morning which was relief since I could go to bed without any hassle.
So, I quickly undressed, took a shower, put on my nightclothes, put an alarm and went to bed a gazillion hours before I'm usually supposed to.

----------------------------------------------------------–-------------------------
Aaaaaand I'm back with a bang! This update didn't take a lot of time.. Yes, I agree it was not very early but it wasn't super late either. So what do you think is gonna happen tomorrow? Put your thoughts in the comments!
Remember to vote and share!