A Few Weeks Later

'Have I gotten muscles yet?' I groaned as I did the last set of my push-up.

'Uh, no,' Sarah said, scrutinising. She broke into a smile. 'Of course you have! It's been three months!'

'Damn, really?' I said, sitting on the bench, wiping my sweat with a towel.

'Yes! Not much, but yes all the same,' she exclaimed patting her belly.

I looked at it. In the past few months, it had grown a lot. Sarah said it had only been 4 months or so, but it seemed a lot longer. I smiled at the thought of a little Sarah running around.

'Hey, where's Matt?' I asked.

'He's with his mom,' Sarah said. 'Some meeting.'

I nodded my head and started packing my gym bag. Sarah helped me with the bag. I went to the reception to pay for my subscription for the month.

Sarah stopped me. 'Uh huh, it's on me this time,' she said.

I raised my eyebrow but didn't say a thing. She paid the ghastly amount.

'Gyms these days,' I shook my head.

'Ever been in a big city one before? Stop with the "these days" dialouge. 'The amount ain't gonna change with your exasperation,' Sarah laughed.

'Seriously though, why is stuff this expensive?' I sighed, walking out of the gym.

'Because,' Sarah said, 'when you pay for the gym, you are paying for the entire club. You can utilise everything that's in here. The swimming pool, the club, everything. And don't forget, you have a discount because of Matt.'

'I do?' I asked, confused.

'Matt didn't tell you?' Sarah furrowed her brows.

'Nope.'

'Well, there's a lot that he hasn't,' Sarah said.

'Not that it matters,' she hastily added when she saw my expression.

'Right,' I said as we got into the taxi queue.