Not-so-fun Friday

I woke up at 6:00am the next day.
It was not fun. At all.
All I could think about was the drive and Matt while finishing my early morning duties(brushing, etc.).
Frigging perfect Matt. Matt with his perfect everything. Matt who was perfect.
Stop. I turned my thoughts to going to work instead.
I could tell that I was going to die. I was going to be slaughtered, not only by dear Éloïse's hands, but also Sarah's.
I had promised her that I would have called her as soon as the date was over. Sarah may have stayed up the entire night worrying for me while I had a gala time.
That's the kind of girl Sarah was.
I felt guilty but knew there was nothing I could do about it now.
I decided not to call Matt just in case he had bad news about his chat with his mom. I wanted to call Sarah but thought it would be better if I went and spoke to her personally.
I took a quick shower and dressed up in my black pencil skirt, white blouse and b/w 3-inch kitten heels. I dolled up my face with some powder, eyeliner, mascara and light pink lipstick. I tied up my hair in a high pony tail with a white scrunchie.
I was hoping to impress Sarah with my sense of style (she was like a fashion guru).
I knocked on her door and waited for the worst.
The door stayed closed for a good 30 seconds. I was about to knock again when I heard footsteps.
Frank opened the door with sleepy eyes. He saw me, crossed his arms and stared at me with a raised eyebrow.
His poise was simple yet intimidating.
I managed to squeak, 'Is Sarah there?'
'She practically died of worry yesterday. But here you are, asking for Sarah,' Frank said angrily.
I just stared at Frank with puppy eyes. Frank gave up and let me in.
'Go apologise,' Frank ordered.
I quietly went into Sarah's room.
Her room was one one of a kind. The walls were covered with doodles and drawing she had made herself. Her bed was slightly bigger than mine and was messed up. Like me, she had a joint washroom which she had managed to transform using pale blue and pale yellow tiles throughout. She had a television in her room (the remote could never be found when needed) and a comparatively bigger window with a balcony. The balcony overlooked the backside of the building, so it wasn't much. There was the neighbouring building i.e a brick wall and the garbage chutes. But it was a balcony and a bigger room nonetheless. She had a yellow bedside lamp for when the lights were off, midnight rendezvous or parties. Her ceiling lights were a shade of blinding white which brightened up the already colourful room.
I looked for Sarah and found her on the balcony. I walked till there and called out.
'Sarah?'
Sarah whipped around with wide eyes.
'Libby! You nasty little bi—'
'Sorry! No need to be so mean!' I quickly said.
'Oh really? I was so worried last night. I couldn't sleep! I thought about what all Matt could do to you. You didn't even call! You were gone for 28 hours! Long enough for me to file you a missing person!' Sarah said in one breath.
She continued.
'I WOULD have if Frank hadn't stopped me! Yup, I had to call him over. You are such a dumb person! JUST A FRICKIN' PHONE call would've sufficed!'
'Hey, hey! I'm sorry, okay?' I said putting my hands up in the air, 'I really am. I didn't mean to worry you so much!'
Sarah breathed and calmed down.
'Alright, c'm here!' she said and hugged me.
I also sighed and hugged her back.
'Can I ask you a question?' I asked in a muffled voice.
'Sure,' Sarah said.
I pulled back and looked at Sarah in the eyes.
'Why were you so worried?' I asked.
'What do you mean?' Sarah said sharply.
'I mean, I just went out with Matt, not a stranger!'
Sarah stared at me coldly and replied after a long time,
'Just like that. It's nothing.'
'Nothing?' I raised my eyebrow.
'Yeah, nothing!' she snapped.
I decided to leave the topic at that. Sarah always got a bit sensitive when this topic came up. I had to figure out why she was so touchy about this matter. But now wasn't the time.
'So, who wants breakfast?' I asked.
'I already had it,' Sarah said.
'Ohhkay, no problem. We can always go to the café. Right?'
'Yeah let's go,' Sarah grumbled.
'Aw come on! Frank's gonna murder me if he sees you like this! Imagine the headlines! Boyfriend kills girlfriend's best friend for spoiling his girl's mood!' I said and made Sarah laugh.
'Oh god, Lib! You can always make me laugh!' Sarah said laughing, 'But just so you know Matt won't kill you even if I died!'
I smirked and said, 'We'll see.'
'That, did not make sense,' Sarah said.
'Whatever!' I screamed and started tickling her.
We both giggled and collapsed on the bed.
'Well, my makeup's ruined,' I said.
'C'mon, let's fix you up,' Sarah said.
'I'll tell Frank,' I said.
'Hurry!'
And we both went to my place for dressing up. Again.

----------------------------------------------------------–-------------------------
Whaddup!? Please leave your comments on how you liked this chapter. Love all of you for your support! So give this a star and share it!
By the way, the guy in the picture is Frank.
HOT!!!!!
I know right!
So definitely like this chapter for him. More pictures of the characters coming up.
Till then,
Love ya! ❤️❤️
Sirin