Fairy Secrets - Calvin Jiroux *

"Calvin, whatever clouds your mind, it was the stream." Cerena knelt to his level, her voice gentle and concerned. Calvin's heart pounded in his chest as he realized the weight of his actions. 

If he didn't find a way to fix this, he would never see or hear Shine again. Determination surged through him, overpowering any other emotions. He turned abruptly and sprinted back through the vibrant forest, his sole focus on reaching the stream. He didn't care about the risks or the emotions threatening to consume him. He had to make things right.

"Calvin! If you go back, you'll only make things worse. We need to find another way," Cerena shouted desperately, appearing in front of him in a shimmering display of colorful light.

But Calvin's resolve remained unyielding. Ignoring Cerena's pleas, he pushed forward. In an attempt to stop him, Cerena conjured a powerful force of magic, sending him flying backward. As he struggled against the magical strings that bound him to a tree, Cerena paced anxiously, trying to reason with him.

"I killed her!" Calvin's voice trembled with guilt as tears welled up in his eyes. He turned away, unable to bear the weight of his actions. All those times he had longed for friendship, the kindness he had found in Evergreen, it all paled in comparison to his failure to save Shine from the stream's trap. He fought against Cerena's magical restraints, desperate to break free and make amends. Frustrated, Cerena turned around and flicked her hair away from her face.

"It wasn't you who killed her," Cerena shook her head, her voice filled with compassion. "You can't blame yourself for something you didn't know you were doing, Calvin." She paused, her pacing coming to a halt. "But if you go back to the stream, what do you think will happen?"

"I don't care! I need to find Shine," Calvin croaked, his voice weakened from his earlier screams.

Cerena stepped in front of him, determination in her eyes. "I'm not letting you go back. We'll find another way."

Calvin shook his head, frustration and desperation mingling in his gaze. "Let me go!" Slowly, the magical strings that bound him began to melt away. 

Seizing the opportunity, Cerena darted toward him and placed her hand on his chest. In a flash of colorful light, they disappeared, transported to a new location.

***

Calvin landed on a gleaming golden floor, the tiles reflecting his own image. He clenched his fists, the sound of his palms smacking together reverberating in the silence. Footsteps approached, and the murmurs around him ceased.

Calvin's gaze lifted, capturing the sight of fairies with cascading locks of platinum blonde hair, their ethereal presence exuding an air of elegance and regality. The male fairies possessed silver hair, intricately intertwined with delicate markings adorning their arms, mirroring those of their female counterparts. Their flawless features seemed almost otherworldly, exuding an aura of timeless grace.

Seated upon a resplendent throne, adorned with ornate engravings and shimmering gems, was a woman whose wings spanned with magnificent splendor. Her wings were a mesmerizing kaleidoscope of colors, each feather a work of art. She was draped in a gown that seemed to have been woven from moonlight itself, delicate flowers adorning the fabric. The gown, though breathtakingly beautiful, bore the signs of wear, with tattered holes revealing glimpses of her slender thighs and stomach. It spoke of a tragic beauty and hidden scars beneath her majestic exterior.

The fairies around her were no less magical. Their wings fluttered with a mesmerizing display of vibrant colors, illuminating the air with ethereal radiance. Draped in sumptuous green velvet, their bodies seemed to blend seamlessly with the natural world, as if they were an integral part of the very essence of nature itself. The fabric flowed and cascaded around them, accentuating their regal presence and enhancing their enchanting allure.