Garden

He liked his free time. No work. No training. Nothing. Just nothing.
He liked sitting in the small garden behind the main house. After he became emperor, after getting away from Sinbad and his followers, after building up the broken empire, after all the shit he had gone through he was finally able to relax.
It was just for a few minutes, but every second of those minutes were worth it.
He was still young so he had to learn so much more.
The generals that already served his father were no longer.
The soldiers were unsure about him.
The civilians were demanding more freedom.

Right now the more or less new founded Kou Empire was not strong or stable.
Well it wasn't weak or instable either, but it could became so very easily.

A slight breath of air touched his skin.
He took a sip of his tea.
Strawberry tea.
Her favorite.
Her?
She was his wife.
She was with him right now.
Sitting next to him without saying anything.
They almost never talks with each other.
There was nothing to talk about.
The married between them, was just to make sure, that he wouldn't do something stupid.
He knew from the very beginning, that he would be under observation, when he joins hands with Sinbad and her.
It could be worse. Her country didn't want much from him.
Marry the princess, accept a few rules – rules that he already more or less totally agreed on – and don't go to war just for expending the empire.
The princess was a good looking, intelligent young woman. She knew how the world works and she was able to voice herself, but most of the time she didn't interfere with him and the issues of the empire.
He liked that about her.

He put his teacup down on the table and she put her head on his shoulder.
Seems like she was tired.
Slowly he starts to run his fingers through her hair.
It was soft.

He liked those moments in the small garden behind the main house.
Even when it was just for a few minutes, every second of those minutes was worth it, because he could share some moments of total understanding and acceptance with a person he barely knew.