how it all started

Two little 5 year olds, a redhead and a blonde, were running for their lives. From what? From a group of villagers and few shinobis that are trying to kill them, the so called 'demon hunters'. As they ran both 5 year olds were terrified. They knew why they hated them, they knew that the nine tails was sealed inside of them, but ¿don't they know the difference between a scroll and a kunai? They were still running when the redhead tripped and fell. The blonde wanted to help her so that they could keep running, but the villagers were to close so she refused.

"You keep running nii-san." said the redhead.

"But Ai-chan, the villagers will catch you and beat you." said the blonde, worried about his sister. They could hear the villagers getting closer.

"Don't worry about me Naruto-nii just keep running." The redhead urged him.

"But-" He was cut off by the redhead. "Just go!" She yelled and he nodded, tears brimming in his eyes as he ran away.

Once the blonde was out of her sight, she quickly stood up and started running again. The villagers were gaining and she new that they were going to catch her. She kept running and accidentally turned right and ended up in a alley way.

"You're trapped demon!" One of the villagers yelled at her.

"Where's the other one?!"

"Let's kill it so we'll have less demons to deal with!" Another one yelled and everyone else agreed.

They started beating her, kicking her and stabbing her with any sharp object they could find. Once she was laying in a pool of her own blood one yelled. "Let's finish what the fourth started!" and they were shouts of agreement.

Before any of them can land another blow on her, an ANBU appeared.

"What is going on here?!" The ANBU's voice seemed to resonate as he let out a bit of killing intent. He was young, looking no older than a child and was wearing an owl mask.

The villagers turned around and one stepped forward.

"ANBU-san, we are just finishing what the fourth Hokage started." He stated simply.

"Leave before I decide to kill everyone of you." The ANBU said in annoyance. Everyone looked shocked but ran out of there, clinging to their lives.

He stepped forward to the girl his age, that was still laying in her pool of blood, picked her up, which was surprisingly easy, and took her to the Hokage tower.

"Hokage-sama." The young ANBU bowed.

"What brings you here at this late hour, owl?" The old man asked before his eyes widened at the sight of the injured little girl in the boy's arms.

"The villagers." The boy answered the unspoken question.

The Hokage nodded grimly and told him to take her to the hospital. The boy bowed again before shunshining himself and the redhead to the hospital.