chapter 17: heading to the land of waves

~Aimi's POV~

"Let's go!" Naruto beamed.

"What are you so excited about?" Sakura asked.

"This is the first time I left the village! I'm a traveler now! Believe it!"

"Hey, am I really going to be safe with this brat?" Tazuna asked while Kakashi laughed nervously.

"He's with me and I am a jōnin so no need to worry." Kakashi said and an irritated aura surrounded Naruto.

"Hey, old man! Don't mess with ninjas! I'm incredible!" Naruto said while pointing his finger to Tazuna. "One day, I will take on the super elite ninja title, Hokage! My name is Naruto Uzumaki! Remember it!"

"Hokage is the #1 ninja, right? I doubt someone like you could become it." He said and rolled his eyes. Okay, that geezer will stop disrespecting Naruto now. Kakashi noticed the unknown aura surrounding me and pushed me back while sweat dropping.

"Shut up! I am prepared to do anything to become Hokage! Once I become Hokage, you will acknowledge me!"

"No, I won't, you brat. Even if you did become Hokage." Tazuna scoffed and I ran into him, fist ready. Kakashi gripped my collar same with Naruto.

"I'LL KILL YOU!!"

"Naruto, Aimi we're supposed to protect him, remember? Not attack him." Kakashi said.

"Protect my ass!" I whispered/yelled to Kakashi, who just sweat dropped at my colorful words. I suddenly froze when I sensed two pretty familiar chakra. I looked over the branch on the right corner of the gate and saw shadows retreating.

'What are the demon brothers doing here? Is it just a coincidence?' I wondered.

~time skip~

We started to walk, and I suddenly have a bad feeling about this mission seeing as to the demon brothers are following us.

"Ne, Kakashi-sensei, do they have ninja in the wave country?" Sakura asked.

"No not in the wave country, but in most other countries the culture and costumes may be different, but hidden villages exists, and so do ninjas." Kakashi-sensei explained. He then started talking about the military power and the five Kages which I didn't payed much attention too.

"You guys just doubted Hokage-sama, didn't you?" Kakashi-sensei said bringing me back to reality and getting a reaction from all of my teammates. "But don't worry, there won't be any ninja combat in a C-rank mission."

"Then, we won't come in contact with foreign ninjas?" Sakura questioned.

"Of course not." Kakashi-sensei pat her head while smiling.

As we walked, I glanced at a puddle. 'Wait, a puddle? It hasn't rained in days.' I looked at Kakashi-sensei from the corner of my eye and saw that he saw it too, but acted as if he hadn't. After we walked another four feet, the demon brothers came out and attacked us. They jumped out from the puddle behind us and latched their shuriken-like chain around Kakashi-sensei.

"One down." Once they landed on the ground, the chains tightened around Kakashi-sensei as it retreated into metal casing attached to their arms.

Then we all saw blood.

"Kakashi-sensei!!"

"Two down." The demon brothers appeared behind Naruto-nii.

I tensed and got ready to attack, but Sasuke reacted before I could. He rushed forward and jumped in the air, throwing a shuriken that caught a link in the chain, causing it to lose its trajectory and miss Naruto by centimeters. The shuriken stuck to the trunk of a tree, with the chain in between and Sasuke threw a kunai in the hole of the shuriken for good measure. He landed on the outstretched arms and, leaning over and holding their arms for leverage, kicked both of their faces at the same time.

I scoffed. 'Show off.'

Suddenly, one of the demon brothers released the chain from their casing and rushed towards Tazuna with a metal claw hand outstretched to him.