flashback:

The small redhead was sleeping in the hospital bed while the young ANBU watched over her. So far there has been 3 assassination attempts by the nurses and doctors. When he got there with the redhead the doctors said that they wouldn't treat a 'demon' that was of course until he said it was the Hokage's orders and threatened them if they didn't.

~Aimi's POV~

'Darkness... why is there so much darkness? I hear voices, but what are they saying?' I slowly opened my eyes and blinked, trying to adjust to the light. There the Hokage (who just got there) and an ANBU were standing in front of my hospital bed.

"W-what happened?" I asked, sitting up as I grabbed my head in a bit of pain, I saw the Third look at me in pity.

I turned my gaze to the ANBU. I've never seen him before. He's wearing the standard ANBU uniform with an owl mask, he also has short indigo hair and looks around my age. I looked back at the Third for answers, knowing he will be the one to answer my question.

"Well... this ANBU found you a few days ago in an ally, covered in blood." The Third said as he looked away.

"Well that doesn't surprise me." I said. Thinking back, I remembered me running away with Naruto, me tripping and being trapped. Then there was pain everywhere and darkness. 'Wait...'

"Naruto!" I screamed. "Where's Naruto?!"

"Naruto is with Itachi and his family." The Hokage stated simply.

Did I forget to mention? My brother and I actually get along with the Uchiha clan. Except Sasuke. I sighed in relief, at least the villagers didn't get to him.

"Jii-jii, I wanna train." I said, shocking him but before he could ask why, I continued. "So I can protect Naruto." At that the Hokage smiled. 'I wanna do anything I can to protect him.'

"I'm sure I can help with that, Hokage-sama." The ANBU talked for the first time. "If you allow me."

"If that is what you want, by all means." The Hokage said.

"Would you mind removing your mask and presenting yourself?" I asked shyly.

He looked at the Hokage for permission and once he nodded, he removed his mask to reveal stunning lavender eyes.

"I'm Haruki. Haruki Hyūga." He said, smiling at me.

"I'm Aimi Uzumaki, ya know!" I said happily, causing him to chuckle. I really hope we can be friends.