chapter 9: orientation

~Aimi's POV~

Today was the day we finally get assigned to our genin team.

"Huh? Naruto, what the hell are you doing here? Only those who passed the exam are supposed to be here."

"Are you blind?" I asked.

"What?"

"Look at Naruto's forehead, baka."

"I'M FIRST!!!" Two voices shouted from the door.

Everyone turned to see Sakura and Ino at the doorway, hands in each other's faces. Their hands fell to their sides and they start to pant heavily. When they stop Sakura turns to look at where Naruto and I were.

"Um... Aimi, can you move so I can seat down next to Sasuke-kun?" She asked.

"No." I said simply.

"No?! I said move tomato hair!"

The temperature around the room dropped.

"What did you call me?" I asked in a deadly tone which caused her to shiver. "I recommend that you sit somewhere else Sakura-san."

I could sense that we were being watched so I started looking around until my eyes landed in a corner of the room. I could sense jii-jii's chakra along with other jōnins. I smiled and mouthed. 'It's not nice to spy on people, ojii-san.' then looked at Naruto, but he wasn't there anymore... he was squatting on the table to glare at Sasuke.

"NARUTO-BAKA! DON'T GLARE AT SASUKE-KUN!" Sakura screamed.

Then she froze. Some guy had accidentally elbowed Naruto's behind making him fall into Sasuke. Me, being the excellent sister I am, used chakra strings to stop Naruto from loosing his dignity even though it would have been extremely hilarious!

~third person POV~

The jōnins were watching the class through a crystal ball. Suddenly a red haired girl look straight at where they were watching from. She smiled and mouthed. 'It's not nice to spy on people, ojii-san.' Everyone froze.

"Who's she?" Someone asked the Hokage.

"She's Aimi Uzumaki."

"Naruto's sister?" A jōnin with a mask covering half of his face asked lazily.

"That is correct." The Hokage answered.

"She's a smart one, isn't she?" A man with a cigarette asked.

"Indeed she is." The Hokage chuckled.

~Aimi's POV~

"Okay, your teams will now be announced, just remember that only two teams will have four members." Iruka-sensei then started to call out the teams and I zoned out.

"Team 7!" I perked up. "Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno-"

"YES!" Nii-san fake cheered.

"I'm doomed..." Sakura wailed, hitting her head on the desk.

"-Sasuke Uchiha-"

And now the roles are reversed.

"I'm doomed." Nii-san banged his head on the desk.

"Hell yeah!" Sakura fist-bumped the air.

"And Aimi Uzumaki."

"Yes!" Nii-san and I said cheerfully before fist-bumping each other.

"WHAT!?" Sakura screamed.

"Team 8! Haruki Hyūga, Hinata Hyūga, Kiba Inuzuka and Shino Aburame. Team 9!... Team 10! Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara and Choji Akimichi." Iruka-sensei finished calling out the teams before he continued talking. "Okay, this afternoon we'll introduce your new jōnin sensei's so until then, take a break."

Naruto and I went over to Ichiraku since Ayame's dad gave us a free coupon.

"Hey Teuchi-san." I said happily.

"The usual?" He asked.

"Yup~"

"Did you pass?" Ayame asked us.

"Yeah, believe it!" Naruto yelled and I nodded.

"Since you passed, this one is on the house." Teuchi-san said and we grinned.

"Arigato Teuchi-san!"

When we finished eating, we went back to the academy. On the way back, most of the villagers were glaring or whispering insults at us.

'I really wish all of it would just stop.' I clenched my fists.